“Good thing they have the view”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #44 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good thing they have the view”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After being greeted nicely and seated promptly, it took a while to be recognized by our waitress. The restaurant was busy fo breakfast and they were pushing the buffet. That should have been a clue.
Ordered unsweet tea got sweet tea. Not a biggie.
Opened the silverware wrapped in a napkin and a cockroach jumpted out into my lap and I swatted it to the floor and killed it.
Not wanting to alarm my company from out of town which I recommended to the establishment, I didn't say anything. Had I not done that I would have immediately left.
Service was unbearabley slow, waited for the food, and longer for the check, and had enough time to get to the car to find the correct change to pay the bill rather than wait to use a charge card. Seems to have gone down hill recently. Needs some better management.
Last time I was there the lunch was slow, table was dirty and waited also for the check. Very disappointed, as for the first three years we have been here it was always top notch.

Myrtle Beach, S.C.
“Sea Captain's House an old favorite”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a restaurant in an old boarding house that has been made into a popular restaurant. Each day at lunch there is a special menu that varies from day to day that is printed in our local paper. I live here,but have no business connection to this restaurant. The view of the Atlantic Ocean is beautiful Two of my favorites are the shrimp salad or the quiche of the day. This is always my Daughter's choice when she visits here for lunch. They also have dinner.

• Visited September 2012
Selma, North Carolina
“"Can't go to Myrtle Beach without a visit to Sea Captain's House"”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I always visit Sea Captain's House when in the Myrtle Beach area. It is truly the best food in Myrtle Beach! The Seafood Platter is my favorite. Always a enjoyable evening with an excellent meal and great service!

Manalapan, New Jersey
“It's all about the view here, food is average to good”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have to disagree with the majority of the reviewers. It's all about the excellent view here. Arrived with high expectations, came away disappointed. We are very particular about our seafood, coming from the Northeast. The menu offers your basic fares along with some low country cuisine. I had the jumbalaya and my friend had the crabcakes. Scallops in the jumbalalya were extremely fresh, the shrimp left something to be desired. The quantity of shrimp in the dish wasn't exactly generous either. The meal was quite a bit more spicey than anticipated based on the waitress's comments that it was mild. The crabcakes were average at best and on the small side as well as the amount of crab in the crabcakes. Hushpuppies were good. Service was ok.
Based upon our other disappointing dining experiences in Myrtle Beach, this was one of the better options.

Indiana
“Breakfast with a view”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were heading out of town so we stopped for breakfast and were seated in the back room with the ocean view. We had a fresh made omelet, as well as the buffet. There were many meat items on the buffet as well as several juices and fruits. Our server Robin P was very good and kept the coffee coming good and hot. I can only imagine with the breakfast this good what lunch or supper would be. We walked back along the beach to our hotel just to burn off a few calories.