“Good seafood restaurant in beautiful setting”

Sea Captain's House
Ranked #41 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Va
“Good seafood restaurant in beautiful setting”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It's a very good seafood restaurant in a beautiful setting overlooking the ocean. The service was great and the hush puppies are some of the best!!!

• Visited October 2012

Celina, Ohio
“Sea Captain's House”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our visit was great. The food is always very good, service excellent, etc. It was my birthday and it just happened to be mentioned while eating and the server brought me a very delicious dessert at the end of the meal with even a candle. Which I thought was very considerate. We always have to eat at the Sea Captain's House once or twice while we are vacationing in Myrtle Beach!!

• Visited September 2012
Fort Mill
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had an excellent experience at the Sea Captain's House. This restaurant is a historical cottage located on the beach. Everything from the salad, fresh fish & sides were excellent. The service was outstanding. There is an area in the cottage that seems to cater to "fine dinning" while the enclosed patio (where we chose to be seated) was more casual. Lovely atmosphere. There are spot lights on the beach at night in order to enjoy watching the surf while dinning. The wooden swing outside was very inviting after dinner. We have had lunch & dinner here in the past. I'm looking forward to enjoying breakfast @ Sea Captain's on my next visit.

• Visited September 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took my elderly father to lunch and the food was, as always, delicious. The she-crab soup is the "dish worth driving for" and next time I'll just order a huge bowl of that (maybe two) no matter what else tempts me on the menu! My husband ordered the Jambalaya and was warned by the server that it was spicy. It was well-spiced, the shrimp in it was perfectly cooked, and the portion was just right for a man's lunch.

My only complaint (observation?) is that the restaurant is a bit of a challenge for someone on a walker. All the convenient parking is reserved for handicapped, so it takes at least two able-bodied people to help a 92-year-old on a walker (who is not handicapped, has no car of his own, and no handicapped eligibility) into the restaurant -- one to stay with the elderly person and another to go park the car in the lot across the street. There isn't even a bench outside where he could sit while I go park the car, so there's no way I can take him there by myself. Too bad, because we LOVE the service, the views, and the food!

• Visited October 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Average.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Same stuff, different day. You'd be much better off spending your hard earned at a smaller less "get-'em-in-get-em'-out" place that uses fresh sea food.

Visited July 2012