“Great Sushi cheap lunch!!”

Sugami Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #469 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The sushi at this place is really good. We eat lunch because there are 5 dollar lunches and the hibachi chicken is amazing. Very small place and looks like a hole in the wall but trust me, it's great food:) We have 3 kids and they all loved it (ages 6 to 15)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to see an old friend there and they had a great 5 dollar lunch special going on I didnt order anything off that insted went for an appetizer has was looking for light lunch so choosed the chix tempura which was really good and also came with a side of tempura veggies all in all a great light lunch. One thing I notice here is that many restrooms are only for one person just like onje we have at home is weird not having a restroom with a stall and urinal just fyi cant understand this to save my life

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we really wanted hibachi Japanese food but our first two choices had already closed. The bar was full, and there was another large group of people there when we arrived. The staff was nice - the few times we saw them. We both ordered hibachi meals, which according to the menu came with choice of soup or salad (and at $17+ per plate it should have). We were not asked which we wanted, and were not brought either one. When the food came out it was different than the hibachi that we are used to, but it was still good. I think a waiter came by the table one time to bring us refills, and then finally came back with the check. According to the check, we both chose soup with our meals. Apparently the staff was too busy serving and talking to the large group and those at the bar to pay attention to the couple on the other side of the restaurant.
If the service had been better, and if we had received all the food that our check said we ordered, I would have highly recommended this restaurant, but because of how we were treated I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

food is good, but place needs alot more tlc..feels sticky and dirty. To bad they also run very slow.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This used to be my go to spot. I went here when some friends were visiting and while I wasn't disappointed entirely, I feel it has gone down hill a bit. It may have changed hands though. It wasn't horrible, just not as good as before. Service was slow. Bit it could have been an "off" night...it happens. I'll go back again and review again as I know this place can be very good. Try for yourself

1  Thank sicilianprincess1