“Good food, bad service”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we really wanted hibachi Japanese food but our first two choices had already closed. The bar was full, and there was another large group of people there when we arrived. The staff was nice - the few times we saw them. We both ordered hibachi meals, which according to the menu came with choice of soup or salad (and at $17+ per plate it should have). We were not asked which we wanted, and were not brought either one. When the food came out it was different than the hibachi that we are used to, but it was still good. I think a waiter came by the table one time to bring us refills, and then finally came back with the check. According to the check, we both chose soup with our meals. Apparently the staff was too busy serving and talking to the large group and those at the bar to pay attention to the couple on the other side of the restaurant.
If the service had been better, and if we had received all the food that our check said we ordered, I would have highly recommended this restaurant, but because of how we were treated I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

food is good, but place needs alot more tlc..feels sticky and dirty. To bad they also run very slow.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This used to be my go to spot. I went here when some friends were visiting and while I wasn't disappointed entirely, I feel it has gone down hill a bit. It may have changed hands though. It wasn't horrible, just not as good as before. Service was slow. Bit it could have been an "off" night...it happens. I'll go back again and review again as I know this place can be very good. Try for yourself

1  Thank sicilianprincess1
Reviewed January 26, 2013

OMG! This is fake hibachi. The chicken was covered in some type of slime gravy. My family and I ate there with my daughter and her junior beta club members. It should have told us something when we pull up at 7pm on a Friday night and the place was empty. We had over 80 people. The sushi chef took it upon himself to start snapping pictures in the corner while we waited an hour for food. Our waiter tells us that they have never had this place this packed before. My sister in law asked the waiter to have the cooks to hold the onions in her hibachi. The waiters response was that all the vegetables are in a bag. (um.....what happened to fresh vegetables). Then to make matters worse they ran my card for two transactions. We should have never paid for it. Everyone left plates full of food and it was cold when they brought it out. Gross! I am 35 years old and have never had something like this. Keep driving!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I love Japanese food. I decided to take advantage of the Sugami 5.00 lunch special. Terrible is an understatement. They served us Habachi Chicken and a ton of fried rice. The chicken was mostly fat and skin and very little of the bits you would get in the average Japanese restaurant. Couple this with fried rice that tasted like it was cooked the day before, and was utterly tasteless I should have gone to Wendy's..