“A Bit of a Letdown :(”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have always wanted to try this place out so we decided to go while in Myrtle Beach. There was a 30 minute wait, which wasnt too bad considering how busy they were. The atmosphere of the restaurant was great and the staff was very friendly. Our waitress told us her name (Rain) and took our drink orders right away. She was helpful in determining it was probably best to stay away from all fried foods as one of my grandkids has an allergy to shrimp. After ordering what we wanted, I found the food to come out in a reasonable amount of time. Everything looked great, however I was quite disappointed with the quantity (or rather lack thereof) in the steam pots we ordered. The price for the kids meals was reasonable. The food was very good.

The manager stopped by the table and asked how our meal was and told us to have a nice evening.

Considering the price we paid and the lack of quantity, I was still actually hungry not too long after we left. We decided for the price we paid there we should have gone to an all you can eat buffet. Not sure if I would go back unless it was a special occasion,however know I wont reorder the steam pots.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The experience was not good. I still cannot understand why Joes gets so much traffic. Maybe it is the party style atmosphere... I dont know. But what i DO know is that the appetizer (Clam Strips) were over breaded and greasy! One big bundle was ALL breading with no clam! It was almost a 5-1 ratio of breading to clam. The good part for Joes was that they did remove the clams from my bill, and the manager came out to see what was the problem. I guess the grease from the fried clams ruined the rest of the meal because i also ordered the crispy shrimp and fries. Those shrimp were just as bready as the clams and JUST as greasy. I ended up peeling off the breading just so I could eat the meal. One shrimp I peeled had a big lump of un-cooked dough! I ended up with a full plate of scraps. They asked if I wanted to have it taken off the bill, but I refused. I just wanted to leave and take care of my sour tummy. I dont really like Joes, and this trip put Joes on my "NEVER EVER go there" list along with Red Lobster.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I found everything I ate over salted and greasy. The best thing was the Sangria!! I would recommend the steam pots to avoid the grease and salt

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Im amazed at the positive reviews. The smell in the place was part spoiled fish and part bleach. Our waiter pushed the over priced crab legs the whole time. Yes I know it's a crab shack but we weren't interested in a $30/person lunch especially with 3 small kids. Other than my husband's crab cake salad we were disappointed. Maybe all the hype spoiled it for us.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have never had paella so that's what I ordered ($17.99). Rice in a tomato sauce with 5 kinds of seafood and garlic bread. I could only eat 40% of the dish. Mama had fish & chips. I also had the best mixed drink ever, the Strawberry Comfort. We have been here for two decades and recently moved from Murrells Inlet where all of the seafood restaurants are located on the water. This beats them all and at a much better price. Previous posters said this restaurant is in North Myrtle Beach, SC. it's actually in the heart of Myrtle Beach at Broadway at the Beach. There is another location in NMB. Love this place, even though the music is a little loud.

2  Thank SCBeachlocal