“Very Relieved!”
Review of City Studios

City Studios
Ranked #171 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I had to make a quick trip to the beach and not pay too much for the stay. Booked microtel online for a great price but reviews really scared me! Boy, do people exaggerate or plain lie. We had a marvelous exsperience there. Deb @ front was the BEST! She upgraded us free of charge to a suite(very nice and clean) and had refreshments on our arrival. Everything was nice and lobby was warm and inviting and smelled great! Very pleased with our stay.The only problem we had was understanding the other employee on the late shift ( garbled speech ) and attitude, other than that, great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank chelsea c

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is the filthest hotel, I have every stayed in. Whomever the housekeeper is that is responsible for this room, needs to be reprimanded and fired. We booked two rooms here at this hotel, Rooms 333 and Room 307. The sheets on all three beds were dirty. On one bed there was pee on the pillow case, sheets and covers. The other bed had stains, dirt and hair. The front desk staff told us we had to take our own covers down stairs to be washed and come back down to get them when they were done to make our own bed. The bathroom had rings in the shower and we had to get cleaning materials to clean our own bathroom. The staff stated that the housekeeping was not doing there job and was very apoligetic but it doesn't take away from the filth of the hotel. It was 11pm and we had drove from over 3 and half hours away and our other family drive from 7 hours away and there were not other hotels with availability or we would have left, even after paying. Although this is a budget friendly hotel, I have stayed at many less expensive hotels around the world which were 10 times cleaner then your property here in the Myrtle Beach area(Conway, SC). I have stayed and this hotel before over 2 years ago and did not have this issue, so I know it is either poor management or poor employees or both, whatever the case it needs to be resolve swiftly.

Room Tip: Staff help...but find another place to stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmel76
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed 14 nights in this hotel, and I won't come back if I can avoid it, unless I get evidence that I won't receive the same treatment next time.
Every hotel has plus points and minus points, and one staff member can make or break the quality and appreciation of once stay. Here more than 1 staff had an impact on our stay:
-John and the new guy at reception are really trying hard and are being very service oriented. Thank you John!
- the maids team is a total disaster, regularly, on a daily basis doing a poor or partial job: ie one day no towels, one day floor not vacuumed, one day counter not cleaned, one day room simply ignored and not cleaned, about daily bed is made with such carelessness it won my award for the worst bed making team (and I spend 250 nights in hotels per year!). etc, every night an other irritation.
- the maid's supervisor! just not doing his/her job.
- the hotel manager, not caring enough to making sure customer satisfaction is achieved, except the last night, after I went and showed pictures of how the room had been made to his staff.

Otherwise, the suite layout is plaisant, the color squeme is a strong aquamarine - beach type - not my favorite, but that is my personal taste.
- the breakfast was a very poor experience, one day the eggs were raw, the next the yellow was green! The rest was standard sugar in plastic containers, so we skipped taking breakfast her after the second morning. In the evening, coffee is announced as always being available, but I checked 3 times and 3 times it was cold. And the last 4 days there were no half and half. The excuse was that they ran out and had to wait for a new delivery.
- etc!

Now this was among my worst 4 experiences in 2 years. And if this is the treatment we had for 2 weeks, I imagine that I am not the only one treated that way in this hotel.

And as one of the other worst experience was the one before in an Wingate by Windham hotel in Wilmington where I stayed 2 weeks as well, it tells me that Windham has recently acquired a bunch of declining hotel chains in the lower price range, and that if they don't care for how these hotels are being run, the brand name Windham will get a new reputation and loose my support.

Sincerely, jp

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank jpbersier
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Save your money. 80 dollars to stay in a very dirty and outdated hotel. Curtains had holes that looked like they had dry rotted through--so much for room darkening. Elevator sounded and felt like it could drop at anytime. Only 1 elevator and if the cleaning employees were there first you waited for the next ride. pretty rude! doors slamming all night , lots of unruly teens and young adults after 10pm vulgar language and noise until the second call to the front desk it did quiet down some then more in the early am hours. Hairs on the bed spread ,and bathroom floor. Mirror in bathroom dirty, rust stains in tub vent fan falling off ceiling footprints on bathroom floor and plaster falling off bath wall. When we asked to change rooms we were told that there are none available. We sufferd through the night and quickly checked out in the morning.Will never stay at the microtel at this location ever again and suggest you do the same I did take pictures and will surely send them directly to microtel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zakfire2002
Reviewed July 8, 2011

dont go pictures speak for themselves!!!!!!! dirty nasty hotel save your money and stay in the abandoned trailer park next door!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank johanna606
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The room was Disgusting, paid for a NON SMOKING ROOM was placed in a SMOKING ROOM. Before I even opened the door, it smelled of URINE and MOLD. Went back down to the lobby and the clerk was very rude, not wanting to discuss the room at all. While there others were COMPLAINING as well. We stripped the beds down and the sheets and pillow cases had stains and hir all over them, and black mold was very visible in bathroom. Went to walgreens and bought cleaning supplies, we cleaned the room . I will forever have nightmares about this moteland would not suggest anyone to stay there. They should burn it to the ground!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank CHEEZY1_11
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and our two friends and when we walked in to see if we can check in the breakfast buffet was over but there was a whole mess and the glass tables were disgusting! Then we got key cards that didn't work. We were supposed to have a room with a frige and microwave and didn't get either. Our toilet didn't work when we first arrived and had to be fixed. No remote for our TV. A coffee machine and coffee with no coffee pot. The view from our room window (1st floor) was a large weed/bush and trash enclosed in a fence. There's a nasty run down trailer next to hotel. And I'm probably forgetting something. So I would not recommend staying at the Microtel!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends