“The "Go-To" for Chinese Take-Out”
Review of China Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Wok
Ranked #601 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The "Go-To" for Chinese Take-Out”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm surprised no one has reviewed China Wok--we've been near weekly customers for 7 years. Many of the Chinese take-outs in the Myrtle Beach area have exactly the same menu and are simply below par. China Wok at first glance looks like a typical Chinese take-out, particularly the decor. However, stop inside and look at the specials and you will find some new, unique choices. The restaurant is owned and staffed by native Chinese. Their versions of standard Chinese fair are all very good (except Szechuan which is not their region or specialty). Favorite dishes are the Singapore noodles, chicken with black bean sauce, sesame chicken, Hunan shrimp or chicken, fried dumplings (and they always throw in 1-2 extra if we place a double-order). They do deliver but we prefer to pick-up. One last tip - their deep fried chicken wings are out of this world - crispy, perfectly cooked, big. We like the appetizer wings as the meal version is sometimes jammed on top of the rice and gets steamed as a result - so loses some of the crispiness. I was following a Conway friend home from the Coastal Grand Mall in our cars and was surprised she was headed in my direction. I called her on her cell and asked her where she was going, "China Wok!" she exclaimed. She proceeded to tell me how great they are and how she makes the trip from Conway for their take-out. I told her, you don't have to tell me! Anyway, good Chinese. Not too far up 707 from Farrow Parkway/17 - in the Food Lion Shopping Center.

• Visited October 2013