“Overcharged and poor customer service! Beware!”
Review of Fiesta Mexicana

Fiesta Mexicana
Ranked #59 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Overcharged and poor customer service! Beware!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

After an extremely long car ride of over 12 hours, my family and I finally arrived in South Carolina. We were looking for somewhere close to the hotel because we were exhausted. We quickly looked for local places and walked to Fiesta Mexicana due to their menu being online with the pricing, the coupon and also the mentioning of happy hour all day on Tuesday. The website clearly states that Margaritas were the special for the day for $3 each. When we got to the restaurant, we were told they were 4$ each. While this was annoying we went along with it because it was still a good deal. I asked the waitress if she could ask her manager if they would accept my coupon from the website I pulled up on my Kindle and she assured me she would check. In the meanwhile we were given chips and salsa while we waited for our food. Unfortunately the salsa had a soapy taste and we also were not given utensils or plates to eat off of. When we got our food, we requested sour cream and later discovered on the receipt that it was an extra 50 cent charge for sour cream, which we were never told. We were hurried and asked if we were done even though it was pretty empty in the restaurant. When I checked the bill I was shocked that it was so high. When I asked if the waitress had spoken to the manager about the coupon I couldn't print she told me she forgot and would be back. I was promptly told no and I politely noted that the website coupon had no barcode and they just asked for a print out of the page. She replied that they needed to keep count of the paper and it that's why. Irritated I just stopped asking and was even more shocked that TWO DAYS Ago someone ate here on trip advisor and noted that they accepted the same exact situation of no printed coupon. The food was around a 6.5/10 but was extremely overpriced. Everyone in the party I was with ordered the combination which was lowest in price but offered the most food. The exact same burrito or quesadilla was offered in a different section for $3 more.

While it sounds like I am a critical person, I am extremely patient and small things like this normally do not bother me, but overcharging after you advertise a certain price for drinks and happy hour, not accepting a silly $3-5 off coupon, and being overcharged for condiments and multiple other factors really left a bad taste in mouth.

It was extremely confusing and disappointing that I left expecting to spend around $25/three people with the coupon and happy hour and ended up spending $45 for false advertisement, rude management and extra charges for everything. I will never return and fear for others who go here with similar expectations.

1 Thank Ruallie

• Turkish first
Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Good food and service! Google and print coupon!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Overall, food and the service was really good! The guacamole was the only item that was below average! Desserts were yummy! My margarita was fair. The waiter said he wouldn't accept my coupon from my smartphone. I had to ask the manager in order for them to accept it which he did. The place is dark and very casual. I would definitely return! Table side fresh made guacamole would have made this a 5 star!

Richlands, Virginia
“Love love loved the buffet”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

You know the place is going to be good when there are more locals than tourists and we were in the minority. The lunch buffet was really good. My husband hd the fajitas Del Mar and really liked them. I say if you like Mexican this place is your best bet!

Visited August 2013
“Low lighting but friendly with good food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I got there an hour and a half before closing and the place was empty. Not sure why because the waitress was friendly but not intrusive, the food came out fast and hot, and the location is great coming into town. The only downside is that the lights are way too dim for a restaurant, but other than that it was good. Star taken off for lighting.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Cheerful restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fiesta Mexicana is a clean and cheerful restaurant with a Grade A rating! Their employees are friendly, polite, and give great service. The chips and salsa are always fresh and the amble servings of reasonably priced of meals are tasty. The only negative is that the parking is a little tight. We solve that by parking on the grass beside the restaurant.