“Fresh food in an intimate setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50th Ave. N & Kings Hwy.
Description: There's just something about a fondue pot that invites conversation. Invites laughter. Invites coming together. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you'll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out while the babysitter is in charge - we offer something truly unique. An opportunity to interact and connect while experiencing all fondue has to offer. We look forward to your visit.
Conway, South Carolina
“Fresh food in an intimate setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Because you do your own fondue cooking, all the ingredients are fresh. The interior is romantic with small booths that lend intimacy to dining with someone special.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been a long time fan of the Melting Pot, however the service at the one in Myrtle Beach is superior to all other locations I have visited. Awesome menu, extensive wine list, great food.

Visited March 2013
Kingston, Canada
“A Fun and Delicious Evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

While on vacation to Myrtle Beach, we checked out the reviews for this restaurant on Tripadvisor and knew we had to dine here. What a lovely evening we had, the atmosphere, service and food were all exceptional! We chose the four course option for our dining. We started off with the cheese fondue, then the salad, the entrée was next with an assortment of meat and seafood cooked in a vegetable broth and then to top off the evening, a delectable dark chocolate fondue complete with a delicious assortment of fruit and goodies for dipping. It was a wonderful evening and a unique restaurant dining experience. I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
NC
“I love to eat here !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I eat here every time we visit Myrtle Beach. Excellent food and service. We get the whole meal, cheese fondue, salads, variety of meats fondue and chocolate fondue. Yummy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great for special occasions. Or just a great dinner with your other half.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in Myrtle Beach for a last getaway before our baby arrives this summer and decided to visit the melting pot. We stopped here mainly because someone got us a gift card for christmas and we wanted to use it for a nice romantic dinner.

We had a log day on the board walk and I was skeptical about the dress code. I had on blue jeans and my wife had capris on. I walked in and asked what the dress code was and the manager greeted us and said "were glad you came dressed". This made both of us laugh and set the mood. We walked in without reservations and were seated promptly. I would recommend making reservations during the summer months though.

They sat us at a couples table and it was nice and cozy, just for the two of us. Our waiter greeted us right away and explained how the melting pot works. He gave us plenty of time to look over the menu.
The food came out well timed. We both decided to do the four course meal which included a cheese fondu, salad, main course and desert. It was all delicious. Mine was a little heavy on the spices (French quarter) but it dissipated in the broth.

The value was great for the food and experience, but the gift card was nice. Our total for a four course meal was $90. I would eat here again on a special occasion or if I wanted a nice atmosphere for an intimate dinner. Worth every penny!

The only negative I could point out was that my plate had a single hair on the side, but for all I know it could have been from my balding head. It didn't bother me at all.

Overall it was a great dining experience and my wife and I really enjoyed the time together. I would take her here again in a heartbeat!

Enjoy!