“Beautiful rv resort!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach Travel Park
Gloucester
“Beautiful rv resort!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This has been our 5th yr at MBTP and so worth the 2 days to drive here from Canada. We always try and go down the last 2 weeks of August as there is more availability and the campground is less crowded. This year we went the first 2 weeks, and it was packed!
Even so, we always found a great spot on the beach, and always found loungers available by the pool.

We travel with a 31ft travel trailer and book a pull through site. First thing we do after setting up the trailer connections is move the picnic table to under the trailer awning and hooking up the hammock under the wooden sun shelter. Now it's a vacation!
We spent 13 nights this year, myself, husband and 4 adult children(22,22,18,17).
We all love the fact that MBTP is located on a beautiful clean sandy beach and near so many activities close by. Putt putts, outlet shopping, great dinner shows, golf, and so much more.
There are activities as well at MBTP most evenings, we really enjoyed the Hawaiian Hula and Fire show, as well as the Dive In Movie in the pool..
The bath houses are kept very clean, we prefer to shower in them than in our trailer, the water pressure is fantastic.
The laudromat situated right next door to the camp store is great. There are at least a dozen washers and dryers, each load costs $2 for the washer and around $1 for the dryer(25 cents for each 8 mins).
The only complaint I have is the internet signal strength is not good. If you want to access the internet do so before 7am.
Even so, we will keep going back to MBTP every year, so worth the long 1000 mile trek.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank bernba8901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fairfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2012

MBTP is a great family campground. Rebecca and here staff do a great job with the kids and keep them entertained all day with great activties.Great Job. Close to the beach and pool.Nice level camp sites and they have everything you need right here. Can't wait to come back next year. There is very few golf carts so you can let your kids ride there bikes over the campground..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Terry W
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We camped at MBTP for the first time this year. We we reserved for 7 days but had such a nice time that we extended our stay for 2 more days. We found the reservation desk staff to be very friendly, efficient and helpful. The campground is clean and well managed. We enjoyed the on site restaurant, Breakfast by the Sea. It was so nice to not have kids running you down on golf carts. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OBXPearl
North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

While we have taken our fifth wheel camper on numerous camping trips, we have never done a beach trip. Frankly we were nervous about bringing a lot of sand into the camper. But we decided to try and booked a week here for a last-minute trip before school starts. It was a fabulous experience! The staff were super friendly and helpful. Everything was exceptionally clean including the bathhouses. We normally only use our own camper shower but we wanted to rinse off as much sand as possible before entering the camper. The bathhouse showers were so clean, we started showering there daily. The pools and Lazy River also were very well-maintained and clean. And while there are golf carts only for the seasonal leases, it works very well for those- like us- who have young kids riding bikes. Security cars were visible every evening, making sure things were going smoothly. Our kids enjoyed the activities, though we were here to relax and kept a laid-back schedule. Only our minor complaint was that the Wi-Fi signal was rather weak at our site, but we were at the opposite end of the campground from the office. We've been to numerous campgrounds- and honestly, none have great wifi strength or bandwidth. Overall, the experience was terrific, and we certainly plan to come again next year!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Kelseyledare
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for a week at the end of July and had a good time. We were placed at near the end of ‘New York’ which was a little ways from the beach. My reservation was short notice and possible due to others cancelling, so I was ok with this. If I had planned and paid well in advance, I would have expected a better location. This was my first time camping at the beach and had to learn the ropes of securing the awning – bought some straps and stakes at the nearby Walmart and all was well.

Things I liked:
• Lack of golf cart traffic
• The onsite store and laundry (plenty of machines)
• Newer and clean bathrooms
• The location (I prefer North MB)
• Noise level – Was quiet day and night.

Things that needed work:
• Internet speed – not usable most of the day – just too many people on it. In defense of MBTP, I could not imagine the cost of service to size enough bandwidth for everyone – this place is massive!
• Cable – most of the upper channels we snowy (not sharp). Not sure if it was my site connection or the area of the park we were in. Still usable and appreciated.
• Pool area – not fun when it gets very crowded – needed to leave. Much better around dinner time. Pool could use a slide or two into the diving well.
• My site had a power transformer box near the road to the left that prevented me from pulling forward and to the left at departure (would have hooked trailer tires on it). Had to back out the street behind. I am ok with backing my 36’ trailer – but think others that came for the pull through because they can’t back up would be upset. Surprised I was not told about this at check in – they knew I had 36’ and the site in front of me was occupied and the transformer was clearly not new.
• Activities – My kids looked at the offerings and did not see anything that interested them….Maybe time to rethink activities? Maybe pole the guests?

Overall happy and will return in the future - my notes are purely constructive and should by no means scare you away as my over rating is "Very Good'.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cmhou2002
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I have been staying at MBTP for 13 years now. This year we couldn't get reservations at the park due to me calling to late to make them and had to give another park a try (Pirate Land) the whole week we missed MBTP so much that my husband called to see if they had a spot for us to extend our vacation a couple of more days, To our luck they did..I have to admit it made me wonder if we couldn't have stayed there all along with all the sites they had open so I'm not real crazy about their reservation desk but that is my one and only complaint..as someone else said, Once you get past the front desk and enter the park, its FANTASTIC...family oriented, No traffic jams of kids on golf carts, We've never had anything go missing of our site, INSIDE the gate, The staff is very friendly..ALL their pools are very well maintained..The snack bar food is FANTASTIC (Try the fried mushrooms and the Strawberry smoothies!) They even sell dog treats for our furry friends at the snack bar (My kids thought that was great,lol) Anyone that is not happy with this park (with the exception of needing more friendly desk clerks) isn't going to be happy at any campground..It has everything to make your vacation fun, peaceful and relaxing!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Starbucks4me
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Resort is clean but if u expect Internet go elsewhere. I was next to bath house with good wifi sig but could not do even simple search at any time of day. 8 am to midnight . If I knew they did not have net I would have went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Myrtle Beach Travel Park? Share your experiences!