“Good meal!”
Review of Ocean 17 - CLOSED

Ocean 17
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Philly
“Good meal!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my wife at 510 PM on a Thursday afternoon. Only one other person in the restaurant. It had me a little concerned. I had the surf and turf special. It was prepared as it should be. The star of the meal was my wife's fish. Flounder baked in parchment paper. Included in the parchment with the flounder was zucchini, potatoes, carrots and squash. Had a sinful red velvet cake for dessert. Joseph our waiter was very attentive. Will return when we have friends in town.

1 Thank PhillyKarl

Elverson, Pennsylvania
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've been going to Myrtle Beach for years and this is by far the best restaurant we've found! We. Were there on a Friday evening. The wait staff were very attentive but not overbearing. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was delightful. This is the BEST restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean 17, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Ocean 17. I am very glad that you enjoyed your evening with us. As always we look forward to serving you again very soon!! Have a wonderful time during your visit to Myrtle Beach.
Dallas, Texas
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were kind of stuck on a place to eat and I remembered driving by this place a few times so called for a reservation. The hostess was very polite and fun and 45 minutes later we arrived. Very surprised to find the place nearly empty on a Friday in late June. The decor was very nice and a gentleman was playing the piano. We ordered smoked salmon and clams casino as appetizers and I would say both we're above average. I had swordfish and it was served cold. I had to send it back. I know it wasn't because the kitchen was backed up. Others ordered a redfish which he described as bland, and a grouper dish that was slightly spicy but was nothing special. All dishes were served with green beans and rice. And were ok but nothing more. Others choices would have been nice. The menu was expansive and in my opinion too much so. They should figure out what they do best and focus more. Would I go back? Maybe,but expectations are certainly lowered.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ricknc61
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean 17, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Ocean 17. I am not sure what happened and I will make sure I find out and that your experience that evening doesn't happen again. I am very happy that you are willing to give us another shot. As always we look forward to serving you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!!
South Carolina
“Excellent Dining Experience on July 6, 2014”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a delicious brunch at Ocean 17 on our first visit to this restaurant. All the food was delicious and expertly prepared and served while soft music played in the background. I especially enjoyed the mussels prepared in a delicate white wine with tomato and bits of sweet onion. The prime rib was perfectly seasoned and so tender and scrumptious. The home fried potatoes were so delicate and tasty. This is a fairly new restaurant on the Grand Strand and has not been advertised as much as others BUT it outperforms so many other restaurants in the area and is a jewel on the Grand Strand and is not to be missed. We will certainly spread the word and be back for dinner. They also have soft jazz on piano Fridays 6:30 to 9 PM. We look forward to returning soon. Thanks to "Smitty" (our waiter) for his excellent and attentive service.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Ocean 17. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful things about the food and servers. As always we look forward to serving you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!!
Plano
“Happy hour at Ocean 17”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We've had Brunch twice at this restaurant, and we decided to try Happy Hour (yes, easing into their dinner menu)...prices for drinks and "happy hour food was comparable to other upscale restaurants in the area. Their "well drinks"are better than most.....The happy hour menu really represents the their dinner menu in many ways...you have a small "snapshot" of what you will find on the regular menu...we had mussels and they were fresh and well prepared. The owner, Jay, is ever present and the bartender Smitty was pleasant and efficient and knows his profession! In researching this restaurant is new (Feb 2014 after a "reopening" after their Oct 2013 opening. It occupies the structure that was previously a steak house...DON'T let the "curb view" fool you...it is a family friendly and casual restaurant ...AND if you are there for a special dressy occasion the ambiance lends itself to that also. It is a "hidden" find that you should try.