Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great Stay”

Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton
Ranked #32 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Our stay started on a bad note when we arrived at the one-bedroom villa we had reserved. It was to have two beds in the bedroom and only had one. We telephoned the front desk and they upgraded us to a two-bedroom at no additional cost. The villa was as comfortable as if we were in an apartment. The atmosphere was quite and beautiful The beach and pools were a little walk from our room but they provide free bus/van transporation any time you need it. We only had to wait a couple of minutes before the van ever picked us up. Everyone was very pleasant. We would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank tecmcm

Reviewed July 16, 2007

This was my family's first trip to Myrtle Beach. I checked a lot of the reviews at all of the resorts in North Myrtle. I took this location to have a great overall rating and once we got there, I fell in love with the place. We were in a 4-bdrm villa in Windermere By the Sea (about 1 block away from the ocean). Everything looked fairly new and well decorated. We had a wonderful loft area that we used as a playroom for the kids, and the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. There were 2 porches and 2 balconies. Check-in was a little timely due to everyone at the villas and the Embassy having to check in at the same place, but the lobby was very comfy with plenty of sofas for people to relax while waiting. There was a Wal-Mart and plenty of restaurants close by. We will definitely stay here when we go back.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Georgiagirl1980
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We rented a 4 bedroom condo in Margate Tower. There was a mixup with the reservation and we ended up having to leave one day earlier. The owner went out of their way to make sure we were compensated for the mixup their employee caused. We did not have to check in at the Embassy got the keys from the owners so that was very nice. The condo was beautifully decorated but homey at the same time. The kitchen was equipped with top appliances. The view was spectacular. (we were on the 27th floor) I liked the pool monitor they had posted. What a wonderful idea to make sure everyone gets to use the tables and lounge chairs. (after 30 minutes of being unattended the monitor picked up the towels or other items to make room for those waiting for a place to sit down) Housekeeping still seems to be lacking. They do the minimal cleaning and do not seem concerned if they take the bath mats and towels and not leave any in place. When I swept the kitchen the first day I swept out about 1/4 box of cereal from under the cabinets and swept a pile of sand from the bathroom floor. The beds were always made and they were friendly . The outside bar by the Embassy is always fun to stop in. Loved the entertainment. Didn't get the food being sold because we usually ate in the room or out. The prices seemed a little on the high end. I love how the plantation is spread out but you are able to walk to the different buildings if you desire. All of the staff was helpful and courteous. I do think some of the units are over priced but if you do your homework you can get a beautiful room at a fair price.

2  Thank starrynoc
Reviewed June 20, 2007

First, let’s make something clear- I am not a snob!
My husband and I vacation regularly- it’s our way of getting away from our daily routines and enjoying each others company. We picked Myrtle Beach because it is a short drive from his training site. Kingston Plantation Condos were Ok- we usually stay in resort/hotel properties, so a condo is usually not our first choice. The condo was nice, spacious and clean. If you are traveling with children and want to save money on breakfast or snacks this is the place for you. The condos had a well equipped kitchen, full refrigerator and stove- I don’t cook while vacationing since it defeats the purpose of it. The bed was comfortable- that was a big plus! The condo also had washer and dryers if you are inclined to do laundry.

To get to the pool and beach area you had to walk for a couple of minutes- nothing bad. Take a little cart with wheels if you like hauling chairs, toys, lifesavers, tanning products, etc. No coolers at allowed by the pool side, but I think you can take them to the beach.

The restaurant was just OK- fine for hotel food; then again, Myrtle Beach is not known for its cuisine.

My favorite part of the Plantation was the gym- I workout almost everyday and I hate those tiny workout rooms at regular hotels. The gym had weight lifting equipment, nautilus, aerobic machines, tennis courts, racquet ball courts, group classes (small fee), etc.

Overall the experience was Ok- This is not a romantic hotel by any means. It’s a great hotel for families with kids, but if you looking for a romantic getaway this is definitely not the place.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bajanative
Reviewed June 19, 2007

During our stay at Kingston Plantation, we stayed in the 3 bedroom villa. At first I wasn't too excited about it because it smelled kind of musty but after we all go situated I really liked it. It was clean and for the most part updated. I would suggest going to the local grocery store to get breakfast because it is a lot less stressful if you eat breakfast in your room. There is a great kids pool with sides and a bucket of water that tips every 5 minutes. If you are wanting to go somewhere with a great pool scene, this probably isn't the place to go. There are a few pools but they aren't the best. Also if you want to go to a clear water beach, don't go to Myrtle Beach beacuse the water is dirty. Don't get me wrong though, the beach is still a blast. My family and I did boogie boarding and that was tons of fun. While we were in the ocean either sting rays or skates (they look like stingrays) swam around us and that freaked us out. For dinner I would suggest leaving the property. If you are traveling with kids, DON'T go to the boardwalk at night. They are some creepy people walking around there. My uncle even had to catch somebody who was shoplifting. During your stay go to Ripley's Aquarium because it is very cool. If you are a fisher, go to the pier at the resort and go fishing in the night time.

1  Thank prettynpink66227
Reviewed June 15, 2007

The South Hampton condos are dirty, unkempt, and over-priced. We looked at the resort website thinking we would have a beautiful room. We ended up with a room that hasn't been updated in about 30 years. Wallpaper was peeling off, the AC unit access was a hole in the wall with a piece of drywall loosely attached, and there was nowhere to sit down other than a bed. The balcony door was broken (not very safe), the lamp was broken (so we had very little light), the closet door and iron were broken, we had no hangars, no reg. coffee in the room, and the bathroom was too tight for 2 people to fit in. There were stains everywhere and I thought for sure I would bring bugs home. We also had to wait when we arrived because our room wasn't ready, even though check in was at 4:00. We called maintenance and they never showed. The Starbucks was not authentic and did not taste like the real thing. Stay away from the Fisheye. I received rotten crabs and just awful food. They did take it off the bill, but who serves black crab legs? The private beach is a plus, but nothing else. Save your money and look elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank desertlover80
Reviewed June 12, 2007

stayed at the brighton, very nice
nice pools
good food everywhere except OMAHA STEAK HOUSE
i eat at upscale steakhouses on a monthly basis,
RUTHS CHRIS, DEL FRISCO etc.
OMAHA STAKHOUSE was terrible,
food late to table,
steaks cooked wrong
spinach dip average
sides average
deserts like they came from COSCO
coofee tasted instant
i've had better dining experiences at QUINCY'S
very disapointed