1,763 results
All reviewsembassy suitesbrighton towerwest hyde parknorth hamptonbedroom villawater parkgated communityshuttle servicetennis courtsfitness centerocean viewfamily vacationfull kitchenthree bedroomwasher dryerlazy riverbeach access
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Look no further when booking a vacation to Myrtle Beach. Myself, wife and 2 year old just returned from a weeks stay in a condo in the Margate building. My review will be based on my stay in the Margate and overall experience with Kingson Plantation. Let me start by saying I have stayed nearly everywhere on the Ocean in Myrtle Beach the past 20 years. This was by FAR the nicest enviroment. Located between restaurant row and Barefoot landing, the local is ideal. 450 acres of land is owned by the Kingsont Plantation and it consists of many villas, an Embassy suite hotel, and 4 condominums. Throughout the developement are meandering walkways, lakes, pools, tennis courts and a very nice health complex. We enjoyed the easy strolls with our son in his stroller around the property. We felt and were extremely safe on our strolls with our son. Very well manicured grounds as well. The condo we stayed in was beautiful. over 2000sqft w/ 3br and 3bths. Never a wait for an elevator. Gated community with parkiing permits and covered parking, car was very safe. Each unit is individually owned and decorated to the owners likings. From what I saw all were exquisite. Price was reasonable at 279/night.
It was busy being Easter time. The pools were extremely crowded at the Embassy but the Margate had 2 of it's own pools. The only downfall of the whole vacation was the water temp. Literally freezing! The beach was never crowded and the sand was smoothed and soft. Kids love the Water Park! Take my word as a devout traveller, and look no further than Kingson Plantation(The Margate for sure!) I read alot of complaints about check in. It is clearly stated that check in is at 4p.m. Another complaint I read was the prices. Yes, very high for your fruity cocktails...8-10$ each! However you have fully equipped kitchens and a liquor within minutes, make your own! Super Wal-Mart right around the corner for all your needs, and The Tanger Outlet within a mile! Please, if you like to vacation with class, do yourself and family a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: April 2006
24  Thank Jerod Z
Reviewed April 23, 2006

We recently spent 3 nights at Kingston Plantation in a one bedroom non-suite in the Brighton building. I was unsure how nice the room would be because we had previously stayed at Kingston in a 2 bedroom condo (Embassy Suites building) and it was awesome, but I wasn't sure how this smaller less expensive room would compare. Wow, I was impressed. There is not a better place to stay in Myrtle Beach in my opinion. Our room was beautifully furnished with a small kitchenette, a large bathroom w/ double sinks and a separate shower and bath, and a great view, and all for $125 a night. We will definitely be returning here in the future!

8  Thank MKLady678
Reviewed March 26, 2006

We are currently staying at Villas at Kingston Plantation. The unit we are in has numerous problems (drapes were down, TVs do not work, blinds are broken, etc.). We arrived on a Saturday evening after driving for 14h. We had unpacked and settled in after I had re-hung the drapes and managed to close the blinds by standing on a chair. However, when we discovered the TVs were broken, it was the last straw. The solution the management gave us was to move to a smaller unit which was sandwiched in between two others since 1) the maintenance people cannot repair condos since they are "owned" by private parties and 2)TV repair/replacement is the responsibility of the owner. We said we would only move to a comparable unit and they said they had none. Therefore, the maintenance people did "promise" to have other maintenance people come out each day--what a laugh. No one ever showed up and each night I have had to call the front desk and repeat my story. Now we have one more night left of our vacation and they want us to move to the other side of the property which means that we spend the rest of the evening packing up and trucking everything over there.

Since I prepaid for this "con-me-out-of-my-dough" unit, the management is only willing to offer me a certificate to come back and a free breakfast buffet for one more day of our stay (keep in mind that the hotel where the buffet is located is currently over-run with pre-pubescent kids at a cheerleading convention). This is my 3rd stay at the Kingston Plantation and this is definitely my last! I would recommend NEVER pre-paying at this establishment since if you get stuck in one of these "premium" units, you are out of luck since they have your money.

13  Thank MTBulldog
Reviewed January 1, 2006

Please note that this was a December stay and may be totally different in high vacation season. Several things made this stay enjoyable for us. This is a gated resort and only those possessing a pass can enter. There are many different locations for hotel, condo and villa accommodations. We stayed at the Windemere By The Sea Villa and found this to be what the doctor ordered. This is a time share which is rented most of the year and even for this time of the year is $150 per night but you will get a totally furnished single floor apartment size living area. As near as I can guess approximately 1200-1400 square feet. There are 2 large bedrooms on opposite sides of the floor plan with 1 huge bath (spa tub and a walk-in shower). The other bath has a normal sized tub and washer/dryer within a closet area. The 2 walk-in closets are very very large and will store everything you can bring with you. Other appliances include a complete kitchen, televisions in each room a screened porch. These villas set directly across the road from the Embassy-suites Hotel as well as the 2 high rise condos. The beach is a 3 minute walk.
We were very disappointed with the leisure facilities which are raved about on the website for this resort. If you have any type of handicap even a sore leg, you will find little by way of provisions made for such people. Not that it mattered anyway as the pool water was 77 degrees (far too cold to swim in) and the hot-tub was out of service). The point is that do not depend on this facility to make your vacation.
This location is very close to many of the shows and shopping areas.

• Stayed: December 2005