1,778 results
All reviews embassy suites brighton tower west hyde park north hampton bedroom villa water park gated community shuttle service tennis courts fitness center ocean view family vacation full kitchen three bedroom washer dryer lazy river beach access
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at your villas with 15 other guys. I can't imagine there being a more perfect site for our stay. Everything was clean and comfortable not to mention very roomy. The resort is very centrally located to any of the hundreds of courses available for play. I really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I recently rented four individual 3 bedroom condos for a group of 16 at the Kingston. The price, service, amenities, etc. were absolutely fantastic! Everyone that we encountered, from our check-in at the Embassy to the dining staff, were very professional and very willing to accomodate any of our requests. The location is close to many dining and entertainment options, just a short cab ride from the gates. We have tried many lodging options in Myrtle Beach over the past few years and I can easily say that Kingston Plantation is at the top of the list for our group! Looking forward to a return trip soon.........

1  Thank GrindingPars
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have probably stayed at the Kingston resort/Hilton/Embassy Suites 25 plus times as I bring my family a couple times each year. The kids absolutely love it. This time however, I was traveling with 15 other guys for a golf trip. We stayed in 4 - 3 bedroom villas. The facility was perfect. The resort is centrally located to most of the best golf in the area. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and obviously well managed. Service has always been top-notch but I love the laid back and friendly feel of the resort. There's nothing stuffy or pretentious about Kingston. The villas are large, clean, and beautifully furnished. The resort also provides the perfect setting for a bunch of guys to hang out after golf. Some of us had post-round cocktails at the Hilton on the deck overlooking the beach while others chose a neaby restaurant. It worked out well for everyone. It's hard to imagine a better location or overall value for your family or a bunch of golfers.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed in the Arrowhead Court Lodge building - it was a 2 bedroom condo. The one we were in had twin beds in one room and a king bed in the other room. They were very comfy. The whole condo was quite comfy - the couch looked a little saggy, but it sat just fine.

The view was nice and we laughed because we didn't get an 'oceanview' room but we could see a sliver of the ocean from our balcony if we looked at just the right spot. It was part of a fairly large complex and it looked like there were several types of lodging including villa type condos and high rise type.

There was a waterpark (although we didn't check it out) and at least two pools onsite. Not to mention the Health Club with the indoor pool. There was a sand volleyball court out in the middle of the complex and several tennis courts.

As I mentioned, we didn't ask for an ocean view or anything but we could have walked from our condo to the ocean - but it would have been a pretty good hike if you were carrying a lot of beach gear. I think the complex as a whole was almost 0.8 miles from the back to the front so if you were toward the back of the complex, you'd be pretty far from the beach - we were roughly in the middle of the complex.

There was also a golf course that backed up to the street that ran along the back side of the property. And there was a shuttle service that would take you for free anywhere within 2 miles of the complex.

So, if you wanted to park your car and just utilize their facilities, you could certainly do that. There was a restaurant downstairs in the Embassy Suites and the food was decent - it was a little slow, but they said there was some sort of mix-up with some room service orders and that was why it took so long. They were very apologetic and gave us a piece of chocolate cake to take with us when we were done to make up for it. Admittedly, it was about an hour before closing when we were there, so that may have had something to do with it too.

It was less than 2 miles from several eating places (all those big all you can eat seafood buffets were very very close - but be forewarned - while the Giant Crab was really good and you got a lot for your money, it was 27.99 a person without a drink). Wal-mart is also less than 2 miles away and there is a Kroger really close too. And there was a CVS Pharmacy that was even closer.

I would recommend this resort for families - especially families with a lot of different age groups because it looked like there would have been plenty for everyone to do if they liked outdoor activities.

The only real complaint I have about the place is the cost of the internet service. They want 9.99 a day for wireless in your condo and also in the lobby. You can use their business center which is really really nice actually with about a dozen computers - however,when trying to sign onto 2 separate virtual private network type connections, it bumped two of us off. It seems to only want you to surf the standard facebook type sites.

However, otherwise, I didn't have any complaints.

Room Tip: I suspect that those beachfront rooms in the high rises are worth the extra $10 a night, they charge for them. They look a little newer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I recently booked a long weekend at the Kingston via Bookit.com. It seemed to have everything we were looking for but the true nature of my rental was not revealed until after we had booked our vacation. This rental was through a property rental place called Palmetto vacations. We were unaware that we had to check-in at the rental agency across town and not at the actual resort. When we arrived, the condo was noting like the photos. All of the photos showed a nice oceanfront high rise and in all reality it was a homelike condo about 1/2 mile walking distance to the ocean. It was a very nice condo that would be great for large families but was not what we had expected. We were told once we checked in that there would be NO maid service and that we would have to purchase all of our own supplies except for what they had left ( one papertowel roll, 2 rolls of toilet paper, one small shampoo and some laundry and dish detergent for one load each). I dont mind fending for myself, but would have liked to know prior to checking in. I also had to call the rental company as the toilets were never cleaned and reaked of urine ( and visible all over toiled and floor) and items from pervious renter were left in the rooms. They did send someone out to clean, but it made me wonder how well the rest of the unit was cleaned. I pulled out an extra blanket later in the evening and it was dirty and stained.

It is a beautiful resort and the pools were nice and the beach lovely. In fact, if I went again I would stay right on the beach at the Embassy. They seemed to be very attentive and friendly. I was a little sad that the cafe at the pools were not open and in general very crowded.

I also had no access to the health club and indoor pool. This wasnt a huge issue, I just wish I had known ahead of time.

The location itself of the property was a little far away from everything. it was quite a trip to many of my destinations. Next time I would stay a little closer to the main ocean front strip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple