We stayed in the Arrowhead Court Lodge building - it was a 2 bedroom condo. The one we were in had twin beds in one room and a king bed in the other room. They were very comfy. The whole condo was quite comfy - the couch looked a little saggy, but it sat just fine.
The view was nice and we laughed because we didn't get an 'oceanview' room but we could see a sliver of the ocean from our balcony if we looked at just the right spot. It was part of a fairly large complex and it looked like there were several types of lodging including villa type condos and high rise type.
There was a waterpark (although we didn't check it out) and at least two pools onsite. Not to mention the Health Club with the indoor pool. There was a sand volleyball court out in the middle of the complex and several tennis courts.
As I mentioned, we didn't ask for an ocean view or anything but we could have walked from our condo to the ocean - but it would have been a pretty good hike if you were carrying a lot of beach gear. I think the complex as a whole was almost 0.8 miles from the back to the front so if you were toward the back of the complex, you'd be pretty far from the beach - we were roughly in the middle of the complex.
There was also a golf course that backed up to the street that ran along the back side of the property. And there was a shuttle service that would take you for free anywhere within 2 miles of the complex.
So, if you wanted to park your car and just utilize their facilities, you could certainly do that. There was a restaurant downstairs in the Embassy Suites and the food was decent - it was a little slow, but they said there was some sort of mix-up with some room service orders and that was why it took so long. They were very apologetic and gave us a piece of chocolate cake to take with us when we were done to make up for it. Admittedly, it was about an hour before closing when we were there, so that may have had something to do with it too.
It was less than 2 miles from several eating places (all those big all you can eat seafood buffets were very very close - but be forewarned - while the Giant Crab was really good and you got a lot for your money, it was 27.99 a person without a drink). Wal-mart is also less than 2 miles away and there is a Kroger really close too. And there was a CVS Pharmacy that was even closer.
I would recommend this resort for families - especially families with a lot of different age groups because it looked like there would have been plenty for everyone to do if they liked outdoor activities.
The only real complaint I have about the place is the cost of the internet service. They want 9.99 a day for wireless in your condo and also in the lobby. You can use their business center which is really really nice actually with about a dozen computers - however,when trying to sign onto 2 separate virtual private network type connections, it bumped two of us off. It seems to only want you to surf the standard facebook type sites.
However, otherwise, I didn't have any complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton are privately owned condos managed by Hilton and are located in north Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the Grand Strand. Nestled on 145 lush acres along a mile-long stretch of Myrtle Beach, our condo rentals and vacation villas are close to area attractions, dining and recreation. Choose a spacious vacation condominium, lodge or villa with all the amenities you need, managed by the brand that you trust. Condo options range from large guest rooms in beachfront towers to four-bedroom villas, many with full kitchens and washer/dryers. Kingston Resort amenities available to those who book through Hilton include nine pools, a Sport and Health Club, and Splash Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Kingston Plantation
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach Sc
- Kingston Myrtle Beach