Message from TripAdvisor:

“Myrtle Beach Family Rental”

Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton
Ranked #32 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We have been staying at the Condos at Kingston PLantation for about the last 10 years every summer with my daugherts and their family of kids.
We almost always stay at the Ocean Front complex.
This resort is anchored by The Embassy Suites hotel and The Hilton.
The unit we rent is two floors with screened in balconys one downstairs and one off the upstairs bedroom. The property varies in that you may stay facing the pond, Ocean or no view. You can't always get the unit you wish.
What we like is you can walk very quickly to the beach or pools. Yes this property has several pools all of them can be used any time except one. The Hilton has a sand pool, lazy river and a deep swimming pool with bars ands cabannas. The main area has three pools which includes a kiddie pool, with slides, lazy river and play areas for little toddlers about 6-10 inches deep with fountains.
They serve food and Thursday-Sunday provide live intertainment. They also provide a kids camp every day for a fee. We have used this and it is well trun and the staff is very good.
All the different resorts are linked by a boardwalk so you can eaisly walk from one resort to the other.
The beach is well guarded very wide, has umbrellas and chairs to rent.
The Embassy Suites is check in with a starbucks, store, restaurant and conceirge with golf shop.
You can not go wrong renting in this resort. Something for everone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Robert G

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This place is great! Right at the beach, super close to the outlets, and great amenities. My family and I had a great time and we are sure coming back to this place :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank preciositta13
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a week in June 2010. The condo was very clean with a spectacular view of the beach (we were on the 23rd floor). 4 elevators made the trips up and down easy. Beach was lovely. The best part of out experience was the pool for our 7 and 4 year olds. The ocean was a little scary to them so we spent a lot of time here. the "sand" bottom pool was a favorite. Not a party scene! Would come back in a heart beat!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DanMeg1
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I recently booked a suite for a family Christmas show and shopping in Myrtle beach. We looked for a place on line and the photos and way this condo was presented was less than suitable. We checked in and the king bed had a full matress cover on it. I had to get it replaced. At 11pm the heater quit and the maintenance man couldnt fix. We were moved to another less than suitable filthy room (803 South Hampton) and was not what I had reserved, it was 2 full beds in two rooms I booked a king and two doubles. I had to again get them to move me to another room, again not much cleaner but at midnight with an 8 month old that we had to take out of bed, pack her bed and move her to another room I had to take it.
We work in the vacation rental industry in NC and this was not something I would call suitable for renters especially in the off season. The carpet was filthy and the couches were way past worn. If you want to stay somewhere clean and with reliable equipment this is not the place.

Room Tip: This is not the place to choose, find something that is clean!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank december2011
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I recently stayed at Kingston Plantation while attending a conference. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this resort! The villa I stayed in was beautiful and offered a great view. All the facilities, including the conference facilities and the health club, are well kept and convenient. I love to walk and run outdoors and the grounds are beautiful! I will definitely be returning with my family during the warmer months to take advantage of the pools and waterpark! Can’t wait!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My family and I vacationed at Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, SC from August 21-25, 2011. We stayed in a two bedroom villa in St. James Place.
On the morning of our third day, I noticed a bed bug crawling across the sofa in the living room of our villa. I immediately called the front desk and they sent out a manager and called Pest Control who confirmed that it was, indeed, a bed bug.
The manager and Pest Control checked our entire set of luggage and assured us that it was clear and free of additional bed begs. They assigned us to another unit and delivered the luggage later in the day. My wife spent six hours that afternoon washing and drying all of our clothes. We decided to throw away those four pieces of luggage and numerous other items in order to avoid taking bed bugs back to our home. Unfortunately, the next night I found yet another bed bug in a toiletry bag and reported this to the hotel manager in the morning while we packed to leave.
I cannot even begin to explain the frustration and disgust that we experienced and we certainly expected more from a Hilton Resort property. A portion of our vacation was credited back to our account, but the amount of time spent dealing with this issue during and after our vacation was not worth the trip to Kingston Plantation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed November 30, 2011

On a recent business trip I recently stayed at the Kingston Plantation Condos. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites on this property before and was pleased with it. However, on this trip Embassy Suites was not available. Thus, I stayed at the Brighton Towers Condos at Kingston Plantation and was a bit disappointed with my room. Although the room seemed clean, it was dated and the bathroom had a faint smell to it. (It is hard to describe, but to me it smelled somewhat similar to a nursing home smell.) The bathroom had a separate shower and tub, but for some reason there is nothing to hold your soap and shampoo in the shower stall. Also, the room did not have ample supplies like you expect from a hotel. I had no wash cloths and there was only -one- cup in the room. Unfortunately, it had a hole in it and leaked when I filled it with water.

All of these things are relatively minor and I discovered them the next morning as I checked in late in the evening and went straight to bed. However, combined they made my stay less nice than I expect from Hilton Properties. To their credit, I mentioned these issues to the front desk the next morning and they reduced my bill. I was not looking for that, but it was a nice gesture. I believe the next time I will make sure I stay in the actual Embassy Suites instead of the condos.

Security Note, It is the "off-season" so the condos were pretty much deserted which for a single female might be an issue as there is not a lobby with security or anything in the building. Anyone that makes it into the Kingston Plantation property for any reason can get into this building. In fact, I never saw another person in the building in spite of going to my car several times. Again, minor for me but could be an issue for women traveling alone.

Room Tip: For business travelers or anyone with a short stay, I suggest staying in the Embassy Suites on the K...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business