1,763 results
All reviewsembassy suitesbrighton towerwest hyde parknorth hamptonbedroom villawater parkgated communityshuttle servicetennis courtsfitness centerocean viewfamily vacationfull kitchenthree bedroomwasher dryerlazy riverbeach access
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My family and I recently went on vacation to Myrtle Beach. By the time we booked many places had no availability. We took a chance staying at Brighton Towers in the Kingston Plantation complex. It was a chance worth taking. Brighton Tower is privately owned condos attached to the Hilton/Embassy Suites complex. You have use of all hotel amenities (including an awesome children's pool and maid service). We chose a condo since we had 5 adults and 1 toddler so having a full kitchen was best for our family. The pool at the condos was rather small but the tower was ocean front and many people chose the beach over the pool anyway. The condo was very clean and comfortable (although the style of furnishings can differ from condo to condo). Kingston Plantation is located between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach so the location was quiet while still being within short driving distance to the entertainments of Myrtle Beach. Overall, My family and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify the types of beds yopu want in a two bedroom. We had two married couples and originally got a room that had one king bed and two twin beds. They were able to quickly switch it for us.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank aven838
kpocean, Manager at Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear aven838:

Thank you for comments on your recent visit here at Kingston Plantation. It sounds like you and your family had a great visit. We hope to see you in the near future!

Joe Flesch

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Attending a convention at Embassy Suites, the family and I stayed at a 2 bedroom condo unit in Windermere by the Sea (very close to the hotel). This was considered an "upgrade" as I am a HH Diamond member.

Overall, the property has an aging feel. The hotel is big and crowded (at least on this September weekend). The pool is nothing fancy. There is a water park area but only looks good for younger kids. The restaurants were fair. My family skipped the Embassy breakfast as the lines were very long. The check-in / check-out lines were also very long but we were saved a bit by the HH line.,

The unit we stayed is was clean but definitely starting to wear. There was plenty of room for us, which was great, but my wife felt the feel of it was from the 1980s and had not been updated. The kitchen is a good size.

The convention area is crowded (at least while we were there) with multiple different groups intermingled throughout.

I took a walk to the Hilton property next door and the look was a bit more upscale and newer than the Embassy Suites. I would stay there over Embassy.

I ate lunch at Fisheye Grill (decent) and the reception food was good but ate mostly in Myrtle Beach - Black Thai (excellent & great prices), Hard Rock Cafe (fun with a great band as well) and Capriccio (good pizza & Italian). Also, did some drinking at Key West Grill, Landry's Seafood House (good happy hour appetizers) and Blarney Stone's Pub & Cigar Bar. Kids ate on their own one evening at Planet Hollywood.

Overall, we love Myrtle Beach but I would be looking for a slight upgrade at hotel the next visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PeterFNYNC
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed in a 4 bedroom oceanfront condominium on the 1st floor (one floor up from lobby), north corner (windows on two sides). Spectacular view of Apache Pier and Grand Strand; beautiful condo, tastefully decorated; could not recommend more highly. Access to many amenities through the Embassy hotel (restaurants, additional pools, small endless river) along the resort's boardwalk. We did dine solely off site, so we cannot comment on restaurants.

Room Tip: North side ocean front corner recommended for best views and lighting. We took a lower floor, but can imagine that the higher floors may offer breath-taking views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LarryOT
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I really love staying at this hotel. I've been here twice on business and have had a fantastic stay both times. The first year I stayed in the Embassy Suites main tower. The second year we stayed at Brighton Tower Condos.

LOCATION: Great location! Easy access to the beach. We were there in August and it still didn't feel overly crowded. Short drive to Tanger Outlets and area restaurants.

ROOMS: I prefer the rooms at the Embassy Suites location because they were larger, more updated, and cleaner. The condo at Brighton Tower was a little dated, smaller, and the carpet rather dingy. However both had great balconies and view of ocean.The rooms were quiet, dark, and comfortable in the evening. My 8 month old daughter slept better there than at home!

AMENITIES: The first year we were there the lounge had complimentary drinks and snacks during happy hour and karaoke. That was a nice bonus. The breakfast is fantastic. It had plenty of options (great hot food, pastries, juices, coffee, tea and bagels). There are several outdoor pools, a 'waterpark' pool area with slides and fun water activities, and hot tubs. My 8 month old daughter LOVED playing in the water. On a hot day they had water coolers out in the pool area and towels available. Really lovely. The only downside is that internet service is $10 a day. There is a business area where you can do computer work but the hotel really should consider complimentary wi-fi this day and age.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Superb customer service. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. They greeted me each day, helped with my tray at breakfast (I was also carrying my daughter at the time) and were easy to converse with.

FOOD: I thoroughly enjoyed dining here. Our conference was provided lunch during our stay and it was delicious. Also appreciated the availability of coffee, tea, snacks, mints and water during our conference time.

VALUE: Our organization paid for the accommodations, otherwise it would have been out of our price range. Great place, but a night's stay is a little steep.

Room Tip: Between the Embassy Suites and Brighton Tower, I would recommend Embassy Suites
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nadida
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days in the Windermere Villas. For a family with two teens, the accommodation was very spacious - with a big living room and dining area, plus a screened-in porch. The kitchen was great, had just about everything we needed. Bedrooms were spacious as well, and the master bathroom - well, the best of any hotel I've stayed in (double jacuzzi tub, separate shower stall, plenty of towel bars, lots of room to move, etc. Beds were very comfortable. Very quiet at night, and very clean.
The property is fantastic - quick walk to pools and beach. The fitness club is amazing and they give you some free court time at the start of your visit. My only complaint - and it's a small one- is that one morning housekeeping rang the bell at 9:00am, which is a bit early when you're on vacation. Some days they came at 2:00pm or later, so go figure.
All in all, highly recommended for families. This is a great deal for a resort.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family