1,763 results
All reviewsembassy suitesbrighton towerwest hyde parknorth hamptonbedroom villawater parkgated communityshuttle servicetennis courtsfitness centerocean viewfamily vacationfull kitchenthree bedroomwasher dryerlazy riverbeach access
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We checked in on 6/25/11 only to find our $2,700 a week condo was dirty! I thought i checked into a budget motel! Had to call Condolux three times to get assistance. No apology, no response from upper management, no offer to reimburse us for the dirt and inconvenience on our family vacation.
The carpet had numerous stains, not to mention it was dirty. My 11 month grandson had dirty stains on the top of his feet.
The stove was dirty with leftover food stains, refrigerator leaked, windows were dirty, food, chips on floor, you could tell it wasn't swept. Hair in bathroom sink and on floor, two drains cloged. Crap on inside of toilet and urine stains on toilet lid. Handle to slider was missing from outside, light bulbs out, drink spills on bedroom door. One bedroom closet had the blankets bunched in a ball on the closet floor, not even folded and placed on a shelf. I had to wash the blankets. Basically, this is a lovely condo however, mismanaged by Condolux. If i owned this condo and trusted Condolux to maintain, i would fire them! Whatever the owner is paying Condolux it's too much! Cleanliness and maintenance is not up to par with this condo and honestly, not worth 2,700 for a week. I rented from Condolux twice and recommended to many of my friends and family...no more...I took pictures of the food and trash under the beds upon check-in, dirty carpet, dirty toilets, etc..
Condolux sent housekeeping (one person) over Saturday evening (our check-in day) we couldn't go out because our condo was being cleaned. I called on Sunday and Monday, carpet cleaners came out on Monday at 4:00pm to clean carpet. Another day of vacation wasted as we had to wait for the carpet to be cleaned and walk around on wet carpet for hours. The condo had limited kitchen supplies, one skillet that had NO handle and the tefflon was warn off. Five tall drinking glasses we had to wash over and over...Six dinner forks, etc...

Room Tip: View of large trailer park isn't pleasing...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank anthie0609
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband & I truly enjoyed our stay in 102 Brighton at Kingston. The condo is furnished and decorated in rich, bold wallpaper that was elegant and tasteful. We loved all the Butler racks in the condo and the new carpet. We both loved the chairs on the balcony with foot rest! Perfect for relaxing and watching the fireworks! The master bath was amazing. The jacuzzi tub was very relaxing! The towels were brand new and very soft! The view was breath taking. We could watch people on the beach, at the pool and see the on-goings of the pier! Perfect weekend getaway! We love 102 Brighton at Kingston so much that we are talking to our families to try to get them all together to stay there again!
Kingston Plantation is the perfect location for the busy person with the sports complex, the spa, the many restaurants, happy hour, nightly concerts, the many pools and the comforter accommodating condo!

Everyone at the front desk at the Embassy Suite was very helpful and informative. Even the guy who checked us in knew about our room and told us we would be highly impressed with our stay. That was awesome to hear that he wasn't just working the front desk. He knew about the rooms and what we were about to experience. I don't remember his name but he was from New York and worked the late shift as we checked in around 9pm. Great guy!

Room Tip: We booked the condo as a last minute deal!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed at the Brighton Towers in a two beddroom, ocean view condo. The accomidations were very clean and there was a great balcony and wonderful ocean view from all rooms. Whether you are a family, a couple or flying solo, I would highly recommend this property for a vacation or a long weekend. We enjoyed our stay so much we are going back for nine days the week of July 4th. The staff was very friendly and we ordered room service one night and the food was excellent. The property is conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, nightlife and beach type activities. There is plenty to do on the property ... pools, restaurant, spa, and easy access to the beach. This is a great value and I would highly recemmend you check it out.

Room Tip: 7th floor ocean view, Brighton Tower (GREAT!)
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The kids and I acompanied my husband for a business trip to Myrtle Beach again this year. This is the second time we stayed at Kingston Plantation Condos and was once again disapointed. We are Marriott people but becasue he attends a conference at the hotel we stay there. Upon arrival we were assigned to a room in the Laurel building (which looks very run down from the outside). Before taking everything out of the car, I went to look at the room. Just by looking at the outside I should of known what to expect. I couldn't even count the amount of dead and alive bugs (including roaches). We were then given a second room with more dead bugs and a carpet with more stains than clean spots. Due to limited availability we took the third room given to us back in Laurel. Which I thought was okay until the next morning when I saw a roach walking across my daughters slippers. After several complaints and reminding them that the same thing happened last year. We finally ended up in Brighton, which was an improvement. However, for a hotel that charges over $200 a night and being filled to 95% capacity. There is no excuss for the poor housekeeping.
I also took my kids to Splash Park it was great a clean the first day but the second day the slide was covered in spiders, which no one seemed to of noticed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank reesie1515
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stay here every other year for a conference. I am never overly impressed. I have stayed in 3 different rooms. Embassy suites, Brighton Tower 1 Bedroom, and most recently Margate 3BR. This particular trip the room was in poor condition. Bedding uncomfortable. I reserved a room w/ 2 kings and 2 DBL beds. We ended up w/ 1 King, 2 DBL and 1 DBL. We had 4 adults and 4 kids (5 y, 2y, and 18mos twins). The hotel was clearly not booked to capacity. The parking area was not even half full but the reservations desk refused to try to relocate us. The clerks at the desk were not pleasant.

We had a long trip and arrived about 1 hr prior to usual check in of 4 pm. They adhere strictly to this check in time. We had to wait with 4 anxious kids until the 4pm check in time. Even at 4pm they were still cleaning the room and only let me check in under pressure.

Housekeeping seemed to be a problem. Possibly understaffed. I understand it is condo and there is not daily housekeeping; however, they indicated daily housekeeping to remove trash and make beds. I did not care about the bed making but it would have been nice to have trash removed and maybe new towels occasionally. They came to get trash 2 times in 5 nights and I had to request it the second time. A housekeeper advised my husband this was not a hotel when he was taking the garbage to the trash bin himself.

The walkway to beach is not convenient for small kids. There are 3 sets of steps to navigate . We had a beach cart and wagon. But not very useful on stairs.

The only positive things I can really say are the location is nice. It is only minutes to Barefoot Landing and Tanger Outlets. And the room service food was actually good this year. In the past, it tasted like it was from Sams Club.

I would not pay to go to this hotel for personal family vacation. There are less expensive hotels in the area w/ better quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business