“The best fresh fish in Myrtle Beach”
Review of Aspen Grille

Aspen Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Aspen Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 51st Avenue North
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were recommended to this restaurant by someone selling fresh fish at the farmers' market and it was a good recommendation. It is pricey! But worth it. We had appetizers: I had fried oysters on a bed of greens. The oysters were tender and cooked to perfection. The greens were also tasty and made me feel I had had something healthy. My partner had escargot which were also tender and the garlic butter was delish. The main course was the day's fresh catch of mahi mahi, again cooked just enough and with a lovely cream based sauce with just enough tang to make it tingle the tongue. It was served with mashed potatoes that were smooth as they could be. They offered us wonderful sounding desserts, but we were too full.

The only moment I was hesitant was that we came just when they opened -- 4:30 -- and the place was empty but they said that without reservations there was only one table they could offer us, by the door. When we left an hour later only about 1/4 of the tables were occupied.

1  Thank contradancer

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Aspen Grille was a wonderful surprise. From the time we walked in the door until the wonderful bread pudding desert, we had the pleasure of enjoying one of the best meals ever. Our waiter Herman made us feel more like family than customers. My lamb chops were cooked to perfection and the wine selection outstanding. Thanks once again for an absolutely wonderful evening.

1  Thank Willsman
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had the warm goat cheese salad and the soft shell crab. The salad was great, but I couldn't eat much of the fried crab. I got sick later that night from it. The live music was a nice touch, and the restaurant had a nice dark ambience for a date night, but that doesn't make up for getting sick.

2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Very very very overrated. Average food with fancy names and high prices don't make a great restaurant. The service was good until the food arrived then they forgot we were there. But there was one other table also being served in the entire restaurant so maybe they couldn't take the pressure.

2  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Took my wife for Mother's Day dinner after reading so many good reviews and looking at the menu on Trip Advisor. We were greeted and seated at our table in a timely manner, BUT we were not greeted by our server for over 15 minutes! Even got my 1st drink at the bar vice the table...that soured our 1st impression.

Once the server got there (or finally paid attention to us)...things gradually got better.

The food was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! We order the Fried Green Tomatoes App (added crab meat) and ordered the Scallops entrees with sides.

1  Thank Phantastic4u