“Foodie ALERT! This is IT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aspen Grille

Aspen Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Aspen Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 51st Avenue North
“Foodie ALERT! This is IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Listen, my husband and I have eaten all over ... the world and I can tell you that we had one of our top 3 eating experiences in good ol' Myrtle Beach, at Aspen Grille! We made our reservations via Open Table and asked for a quiet table because we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived, the hostess wished us a "Happy Anniversary" and seated us at a table that wasn't anything special however, there was a card for us waiting that the owners had hand written, wishing us well. Nice touch!

The service was exceptional but the food was some of the best we've ever had. (Seriously) My husband couldn't decide between the scallops and the crab cakes so the server suggested a little of each, 1 crab cake with a half portion of scallops. We read a review about their crab cakes that was "horrifying" but honestly, it had to be an anomaly of some sort. This crab cake was held together by a light cracker meal that revealed chunks of moist crab meat enhanced by fresh pimento that fell away when coaxed by a fork.

I had the surf and turf. It was an 8oz lobster tail that was tender and surprisingly sweet! Not a bit of "rubbery" texture was noted, not even along the ends. But the filet ... as soon as it touched my palette, I knew that this was something special. This beef is aged beautifully! The flavor was beyond what I can explain in words. It was succulent, make your eyes close with melt in your mouth deliciousness. Never, never, have I had a filet that was that good. My asparagus and slender carrot was grilled to perfection as it sat next to mashed potatoes that were rough mashed and delicious.

For dessert, we chose crème brulee that had a delicate crust of caramelized sugar and remnants of the vanilla bean in the bottom of the crème. And I chose toasted pound cake with strawberries and cream. Delicious!

There was very tasteful light jazz provided by a live musician and the ambiance was warm and romantic. A very classy place to be, no matter what the occasion. We have already made arrangements to return with friends who appreciate fine cuisine. Yes, it's a bit pricey but if you're like us, finding food this good is worth any price. Thank you Aspen Grille! We'll be seeing you again soon!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

midlothian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My boyfriend and i came her on a saturday night 4/13/13 (made reservations through their website) we each had a gin in tonic when we arrived and our server was very kind.. he allowed us to enjoy our cocktails before bringing our appitizers. i had the fried green tomatoes with crab and he had the the shrimp bisque both we delishious. for dinner we had a wonderful bottle of wine and i had the shrimp and grits which was amazing and he had the flounder... the atmosphere is very romantic. it is expensive but the quality of food it's worth it.

Conway, South Carolina, United States
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have lived in the area a few years, but last night was our first visit to the Aspen Grille.From the hostess who sat us, to the waiter who took care of our table things went from very good to excellent!!! Service is great, everyone smiles, ambience is very intimate, and most important, the food is excellent! I had the short ribs of beef, served over mashed potatoes with spinach, and although I thought they could not be as good as I prepare them,,I was wrong.They are better! My husband had the sea scallops, their specialty, and he loved them. our two friends who were visiting each had the triggerfish special and raved about it. The soups were very good, and the apple cobbler dessert was to die for!!! It may seem a bit pricey when first looking at menu, but it was well worth the money to have such excellent dishes.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food was excellent with nice variety and the service was also excellent. Both meals were delicious.

Visited April 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“One of the eating gems in the Grand Strand that shouldn't be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Although we have lived in the Myrtle Beach area for several years, tonight was my first visit to this excellent restaurant. My son and his wife from Chicago ate there last week and raved about it so much that we had to try it ourselves. Everything was first class from the appetizers to the desert, a very generous portion (more than enough for 3 of us) of a 10 layer cake. They offer a variety of unusual entrees so it was difficult to choose one. Our group of 3 had different entrees after sharing appetizers and all were excellent. Our server was great, the hostess kept checking on us and the pianist/singer in the background created a memorable evening. We will most definitely go back for more.

1 Thank Stucolco