“Lunch at Phillips Seafood”
Review of Phillips Seafood - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Forty Fort, PA
“Lunch at Phillips Seafood”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We looked at a menu, printed on a piece of paper, located by the register, and decided on a crabcake sandwich. The sandwich was very good, but was expensive. By the time my wife and I had completed our lunch, the bill was over $ 50 for two people. Excessive!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MSAsafetyman

Monroe, Georgia
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went out for a family birthday and made reservations here. We had eaten here years ago and was highly impressed. Definitely not anymore. From the atmosphere to the food and drinks to our server. We were all very dissapointed. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank amylee d
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“First Time.....Last Time”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I eate at Phillips years and years ago. With out of town guest we thought we would visit again. WRONG! When we pulled up into the parking lot; I was shocked about how empty it was. After eating at this place I now know. The fish, shrimp and crab cake platter was awful; fish and shrimp covered in a thick tasteless cornbread batter, crab cake filled with everythink except crab. Our friends had the Worlds Worst Crabcake Platter. When they complained to the manager; he worked hard to defend it this joke of a meal. Our waitress knew that we were unhappy, and began an annoying conversation about how young my husband looked. She too worked hard; hard to recover what she had to have known would be a bad tip. Too bad thhey didn't work harder on making the food eatable and the service marginal. I only wish I could have rated them lower. They were remodeling the main dining room; so we sat in the lobby. This place was terrible. WHAT HAPPEND!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank sylvia d
“AWFUL...HORRIBLE SERVICE....don't waste your time!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The service was HORRIBLE. Orders were late and served at uneven times. Our table never received any check backs to see how we were doing. We stood at the front door waiting for our check....20 minutes for a check - really? The restaurant ONLY seated 15 tables. All the servers acted as if they were in the weeds. To top all of this off-no apology from any manager etc-only that the server was new! Don't eat here! Not worth it!!!

Sumter, South Carolina
“Worst Seafood Restaurant I Ever Been To”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I were on our honeymoon in Myrtle. We went there on a stranger's recommendation (would never do that again). We wanted lobster so we order twin lobster tails with Jambalaya rice and asparagus as our sides. First, it looked like they reused the shells because when we got our plates, the meat was out of the shell and didn't even look like it belonged in there. We dump the meat in some oily looking sauce the the (lobster) meat was barely warm. I couldn't even swallow the first bite.

The portion of rice was not even fit for a child. We were thoroughly disgusted. We went to Flamingo Grill right after and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves because the food was fresh. Our waitress was emphatic and told us that Philips Restaurant was closed TWICE even though my husband and I saw that they had a grade A. She said since it is the south it is easy for people to pay off the health inspector to get a good grade. She said that many buffet seafood restaurants have horrible quality. I wish I can give Philips a one star it was so terrible. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!

• Visited June 2012