“Off the beaten path”

Ranked #89 of 897 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sun City is the small, friendly local type place for out of towners. The menu is limited but the food is tasty, chips plentiful. Friendly and good staff, prices are reasonable. Artsy decor, small but usually not too crowded. Do yourself a favor and stay away from chain restaurants for a night, try here.

1  Thank SCDevsFan
There are newer reviews for Sun City Cafe

Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a diamond in the rough... If you visit myrtle stop in to this little gem. Eclectic artsy decor with great mexican/american food ... You have to order the guac if your a guacamole lover they put a fun fresh spin on it! The whole staff was friendly and fun. Very welcoming in a locals vibe kind of place. Love it! We will be back!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visit this place every time I visit SC. The food is good, drinks are good and the staff is very good. I love this place the fish tacos' and burrito's are great. You must go here, it is a local the locals go and each.

1  Thank xxavaaro
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We ate here thinking this was going to be some amazing Mexican cafe based on the other reviews. It was a bit of a disappointment. The menu is really basic. (see my attached pic). We ordered chips and guacamole as our appetizer. It was pretty good. My husband had a burrito, called Old School (which is just their chicken version) and it had mashed potatoes on it. Strange. Some people might like this, but my husband did not. I had a fish taco. Fish tacos are among my favorite foods. I was very disappointed to learn the fish tacos are essentially a traditional taco - lettuce, shredded cheese and salsa with ... fish. Oiy. Not good. We also had a quesadilla. Very basic and only average tasting. Now, I will say that the wait staff is awesome. Our waitress was super friendly and attentive. The decor of the cafe is very eclectic and interesting. A fun place to take the family if you're not fussy about your Mexican!

1  Thank AKMonty
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Sun City is located in the old "downtown" district of Myrtle Beach, and can often times be overlooked. Although seating is a little tight, literally every other aspect of this establishment is superb. Always greeted by a friendly server and a basket of homemade chips and salsa. Their entrees are enormous. Margaritas are their own recipe. Take a box home, and its even better the next day.

This restaurant is homey for locals, and unique for travelers. Definitely the best Mexican restaurant in Myrtle Beach!

1  Thank Stephen Y