“Disappointing”

Barons Steaks & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Barons Steaks & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Rd.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a discounted coupon for Barons and had heard good things, however, our visit was not a great one. Our waiter, TJ, didn't have much time for us, he always seemed to be in a hurry. We didn't understand this as there were only 2 other couples in the restaurant. As to food, the House Salad that comes with the meal was totally uninspired. It consisted of Iceberg (nothing green), Red Onions, Cucumbers, very sad Cherry Tomatoes and tasteless Blue Cheese Dressing. The meat was a different story. I had the 8oz. Filet, Medium Rare, and while a little crusty on the outside, inside was perfect. I have had better steaks but not complaining about this one. My wife had the 12oz. Prime Rib, medium rare, and got a great piece of meat. The meal also came with one side and we both chose the Smashed Garlic Potatoes, not so good. Had their New York Cheesecake for dessert and my wife is still happy about that. Overall, the meal was OK, we came for the meat and it was fine. Nevertheless, after reading reviews of the place our expectations were higher and, unfortunately, not met.

• Visited February 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Steaks ... Great Service ... Put this on your list to try.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a steak house with some of the best steaks in Myrtle, Beach. But, don't over look the Slow Roasted Prime Rib or the Whiskey Glazed Pork Chops. Prices are reasonable and a real value compared to 21 Main, Devine Prime or Ruth's Chris. Very relaxed atmosphere and don’t miss Art’s Crab Dip as an appetizer in the bar area. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
“Great Steak”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Superb steak and seafood. Great atmosphere, great service. Now I know why they were voted #1 in Myrtle Beach! Friendly service.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nalabean
Springfield
“GREAT STEAKHOUSE IN MYRTLE BEACH”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is a truly fantastic small steakhouse, superb food and extremely friendly service. The steak, a filet mignon, was cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you ever find yourselves in North Myrtle Beach in or out of season.

• Visited December 2013
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Fine Food will suprise and delight”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Barons Steaks and Spirits is a welcome respite from the glitz and showy offerings so often encountered on a Myrtle Beach vacation. The décor is toned down and that is restful for the soul. Follow that with delicious food that has a wow factor. My husband and I shared an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops on a bed of field greens. The appetizer came with red onion and grilled mushroom, rich in flavor by the infusion of the veggies. It was drizzled with a wasabi sauce. Our cocktails were perfect. He had Johnny Walker Black and I a Beefeater Martini, chilled well. Our entrees were Prime Rib for him, large and lean and cooked to perfection and I had crab cakes loaded with fresh crab. I had to bring one away as they are very generous. Don't miss dessert. Their crème brule is decadently delicious and the same is applied to the Killer Cake my husband enjoyed. Our waiter, Johnny made the best recommendation for a wine pairing with my entrée. I enjoyed the Chamisal Unoak Chardonnay. I highly recommend you try it. The fruit of the grape stands solo in the glass. Delicious. Do try this place. The service is attentive. The food is excellent.

• Visited October 2013