“Great Steak”

Ranked #328 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Rd.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Superb steak and seafood. Great atmosphere, great service. Now I know why they were voted #1 in Myrtle Beach! Friendly service.

1  Thank Nalabean

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is a truly fantastic small steakhouse, superb food and extremely friendly service. The steak, a filet mignon, was cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you ever find yourselves in North Myrtle Beach in or out of season.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Barons Steaks and Spirits is a welcome respite from the glitz and showy offerings so often encountered on a Myrtle Beach vacation. The décor is toned down and that is restful for the soul. Follow that with delicious food that has a wow factor. My husband and I shared an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops on a bed of field greens. The appetizer came with red onion and grilled mushroom, rich in flavor by the infusion of the veggies. It was drizzled with a wasabi sauce. Our cocktails were perfect. He had Johnny Walker Black and I a Beefeater Martini, chilled well. Our entrees were Prime Rib for him, large and lean and cooked to perfection and I had crab cakes loaded with fresh crab. I had to bring one away as they are very generous. Don't miss dessert. Their crème brule is decadently delicious and the same is applied to the Killer Cake my husband enjoyed. Our waiter, Johnny made the best recommendation for a wine pairing with my entrée. I enjoyed the Chamisal Unoak Chardonnay. I highly recommend you try it. The fruit of the grape stands solo in the glass. Delicious. Do try this place. The service is attentive. The food is excellent.

1  Thank scoopgal
Reviewed November 2, 2013

That's right! I said it, and mean it! I have now had the absolute best steak and seafood meal on the Grand Strand. Conveniently located between North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach, in the Galleria Shopping Center, Barons is the total package. It has a quaint atmosphere with a Speak Easy type bar situated near, but tastefully segregated from the dining room. Our professional server was "TJ" and I look forward to dining with him again soon. I had the " Filet Fenway". It consisted of a cooked to order Filet Mignon, hand cut, Sitting a top a wonderfully seasoned crab cake and Portabella Mushroom smothered in a creamy lobster sauce. Add in one of their many delectable sides ( I had smashed garlic red skins) and you have a meal you won't be soon forgetting. . Barons get my FIVE STAR rating as well as my future business!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

On our 4th visit, the dinner was sub-standard. Back ribs were a large chunk of fat, steak was tasty, but also had too much fat. Waiter was very sweaty and looked sick. We were offered something else but it was at the end of the meal. People were smoking at the bar about 10 feet from our table.

1  Thank bcsboyd