“Great steak and salad bar”

Chuck's Steak House
Ranked #29 of 896 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chuck's has been offering the original steakhouse and salad bar concept since 1979. Thick, juicy, hand cut Certified Angus Beef steaks, prime rib, lobster tails, Prime pork chops and chicken are all charcoal broiled to perfection. Casual dining amid rustic elegance. Chuck's offers a waterway view, three fireplaces, and a large library. Reservations are accepted but are not necessary. A children's, early bird, and senior citizen's menu are also available. Serving dinner from 4:00 PM Daily. Our Happy Hour is 4-7 seven days a week. At Chuck's we only serve premium bar brands. Chuck's is a smoke free establishment. However, our restrooms are not wheelchair accessible. Chuck's was voted Best Steak 2015 and 2016, Best Happy Hour 2014, 2015 and 2016, Best Martini 2016, Best Burger 2016, and Best Signature Cocktail 2015. Chuck's was also a Finalist in Best Burger 2015 and Best BBQ 2015 and 2016. Chuck's was awarded the TripAdvisor Excellence Award in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Chuck's Steak House in Myrtle Beach is individually owned and operated.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Chuck's has a great steak and salad bar. The atmosphere is very nice and the wait staff were pleasant. The early bird special are fantastic! I enjoyed my perfectly cooked well done steak... it was juicy and had no pink... just like I love!

There are newer reviews for Chuck's Steak House

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Salad bar was very nice and the cheese bar was an added nicety. Wife and I ordered New York Strips and they were far from "special". Atmosphere was great, service also, but the main reason to stop there was disappointing. The steak was just OK....nothing special.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Since 1991 I always stop at Chucks when at Myrtle. The steaks are absolutely amazing. The service is exceptional and the deserts are great also.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'll keep this short: joined some friends there for happy hour and light dinner (they go there ALL the time), ordered hamburger medium...and after I got into it was really pretty rare. Since I had eaten all the way around of the outside of the bun, I didn't feel I could send it back, but after a few more bites , it was just tooooo bloody.
The next day I had to stay home close to the "facilities"...if you know what I mean.
Don't think I'll be back.

1  Thank beachbumbabs
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Chucks Steaks is a decent place to grab some meat when visiting the SC shore. The places has an well kept all wood look on the inside. It is full of sportsman themed pictured and trophies, and by trophies I mean the kind that have been to a taxidermist.

It was dead the night we were there, but the parking lot was packed the next night. The off season can be like that.

My wife had the prime rib and I had a small sirloin (thick cut). The temperature was little underdone on the sirloin, but I prefer this to overcooked. With dinner you get a potato, a trip to the simple salad bar, and fresh rolls.

The prices were in line with what we would pay at home - not jacked up for tourists.

Our server was kid friendly, but I don;t know if that was one guy or the restaurant ethos.

MBSteak, Owner at Chuck's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. Indeed, our restaurant contains a lot of taxidermy. What you probably do not realize is that many of our exhibits have won Blue Ribbons in taxidermy contests. The "Predator and Prey" displays are considered worthy of the Museum of Natural History.
Please continue to dine with us.....regardless of who is watching.