“Dinner special at Martin's - golf group leaders need to talk to Martin”

Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Year after year our group has eaten daily breakfast at Martins and over past few years, we have added an evening dining there to our week in Myrtle Beach. Note I travel to MB area at least twice per year with groups of golfers - generally May and October. I can say I have never had a bad meal there nor have I ever fielded any concerns from anyone in my groups regarding the food, service, or prices at Martins. Group leaders - please pay attention - you need to get to know Martin and his son. Wonderful people who will work with you to set up a nice dinner event which is so convenient for those staying on site. Martin and son have gone out of their way to create a special menu with high quality courses including selections for appetizer, soup, salad, entree, and a dessert at a very reasonable cost.

Due to the frequency of our visits to MB, we have gotten to know the staff and they now know us quite well also. They are really wonderful and make the visit comfortable, quaint, and convenient with great food.

Looking forward to a Fall trip unless I can talk the wife into an earlier trip back to the Strand.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed our meal at Martin's. I had the schnitzel, he had the filet mignon. Both were excellent. The soup, salad and dessert were top notch as well. Friendly staff and very decent early bird price. We would definitely return here again!

1  Thank MofromMass
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We dined at Martins because a local resident raved about the Bananas Foster and insisted we go. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. Things were a bit slow because the kitchen was backed up due to a large party, but the food was worth the wait. Our server was very gracious despite being quite busy. On a return visit we would definitely dine at Martin's again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've had buffets at Martin's that were quite good, so I was looking forward to a good, quiet dinner. The restaurant was not busy at all, and the servers seemed anxious to please. But my start was rocky with some pretty hard and tasteless rolls. That was followed by a pretty good salad, but it had the feel of something made in advance and refrigerated. The broiled grouper, however, was the big disappointment. I had hoped for great texture and flavor, but it was not to be. I don't think I'd order seafood there again, especially given the many outstanding seafood restaurants in Myrtle Beach. And, finally, it was far from cheap. Perhaps other meals are more reasonable, but for the price of the meal, it should have been absolutely outstanding. So -- average at best, but might try again for a different meal.

2  Thank willtravel12345
Reviewed April 15, 2013

For over 20 years our golf group of eight has stayed at Carolina Dunes just a few blocks down the street from Martin's but, until this year, we had not gone to dinner at Martin's. They would not get any award for distinctive decor as it is not flashy or out of the ordinary, but is neat and clean. The food and service, however, are both a cut above normal. If you dine early and get your order placed by 6:30 pm you may order from the "early bird" menu. This menu has about a dozen items and all are good. You get a three course dinner for a very reasonable price. Good food, good service, and very fair pricing all combine to make Martin's a place not to miss, especially for families.