“At least the food was good. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #387 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal
“At least the food was good. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Tries TGIFriday's for the first time and the food was good although my classic cheeseburger was falling apart. But other than that, everyone from our party (3 adults, 2 children) enjoyed the food.

However, I read someone who mentioned in another review that they had found a fly in their food. I also did notice flies in the restaurant and little fruit bugs, actually had one floating in my glass of water.

The restaurant in general was so-so; floors were sticky, my 5-yr old was disgusted by the restrooms. During our meal, saw an employee dust off a vent while people were seated under it. Thank God they weren't eating. To me, it's something that should be done before opening or after closing.

Our server was ok but service was extremely long & the restaurant wasn't even full. Another person brings your food and one of the orders was wrong but they quickly fixed it.

Prices were good though. I would go back to this chain but not this particular restaurant.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“first night meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

No wait! Food are really good. New tea with strawberries is to die for! Enjoy eating outdoor on the nice patio at night. Staffs are really nice. There's nothing to dislike!

Visited August 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Worst Friday's Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

The service was slow and bad. It took a very long time for the waitress to take our order. It took and incredibly long time to receive our meals, and when we did, they were incorrect, but were brought by someone other than our waitress - and she never came by to ask how things were. We finished our original drinks fifteen minutes before our meals arrived and we were done with our meals long before we ever saw our waitress again. When she finally came by, it was just to drop off the check - she NEVER even asked how our meals had been or offered to refill our drinks or ask if we wanted desert.
I heard many similar complaints voiced loudly from neighboring tables also.
I regret wasting nearly two hours of our vacation at this place and it has made me rethink dining at Friday's in general.

• Visited July 2014
Boston
“Friday's has good food as always..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Great food that was tasty. I have had the Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta about 4-5 times by now (in Massachusetts). This Friday lived up to the expectations but they did mess up our appetizer, forgot two of our sides, and the wait was long even though there were a LOT of tables (understaffed?) which is why I gave it a 4 Star. Other than that you should come here if you're nearby.

Myrtle Beach
“A fly interrupted my meal and landed in it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have been going to TGI Friday's for many years, and I started going in Boston, when I lived there. I have been to the one in Myrtle Beach for several years, and earned points several times. I remember when they used to give you this little garlic roll with your side salad. I have to be honest, that the food quality has gone down, except for some of the the appetizers like the mozzarella sticks which are very good. I also used to love the Jack Daniel's chicken selections. I had a sirloin that was full of gristle one time. I have had wings that were broken in half. Some of the portions have gotten smaller over the years, but I still went back.

Once. I had such bad service that my fajita was served inedible because the server was that slow, and it had been left sitting too long. I have given TGI Friday's many chances. The service was inconsistent, and I even once dealt with a rude hostess. That is when I started asking for the same two servers every time, so that I would get the respect I deserved as a frequent patron and a local diner from Myrtle Beach.

I often, but not always, go there late at night. This time was late. My regular server was there that knows me. I had the mozzarella sticks which were very good. My order was the sizzling chicken with spinach. During my meal, I saw a large fly buzzing around my table, and was wondering where he came from. Within minutes, I saw a black thing, which resembled char, on my plate. As I looked at it further, it was the fly, that had dove into my food and died there. It was a gross experience. I had only had a few bites of my meal, and my chicken. But, maybe the fly did me a favor, because the chicken was exceptionally dry, like it had been cooked, and kept warm, and dried up. The quality was extremely lacking in that chicken.

Needless to say, I could not eat my meal, or order anything else, though my server kindly offered. I felt bad and tipped her. The manager on duty apologized, stating that the doors open and shut all night. I know, it's an odd event, but I just am turned off to TGI Friday's in Myrtle Beach. Just a mention that the table I was seated at, was not cleaned well, and the air conditioning was leaking onto the other half of the table. My server asked if the water was hitting me, but it was not. I do not know how other TGI Friday's would be, but whenever I dined at TGIF in MA, I always had a better experience. Boston,and its surrounding areas is known for quality food and restaurants.

There is a difference between the tourist that visits TGI Friday's one time while in Myrtle Beach, and someone like me that chocked up at least a few hundred points over the past few years. With all the restaurants in Myrtle Beach, that have fresher food, and are more consistent, I would have to say TGI Friday's did disappoint in a big way. And seating someone in a table that has water leaking onto it, was not very smart at all. Because of their lack of attention to detail, inconsistent food quality or prep, and the pesky fly in my food, I have to rate a "terrible." This location in Myrtle Beach has been through so many different managers through the years, and menu changes. Some of you may like it, because you have not experienced better, but I have.

• Visited June 2014