“Good food, slow service”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #423 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kinston, North Carolina
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food was good, but the service was slow considering there were only a few customers at the restaurant while we were there.

Visited December 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Much Appreciation!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My family and I spent New Year's Eve 2014 in Myrtle Beach SC. On the way out of town we decided to stop for lunch at TGIF located at North Kings Hwy, our server was Christopher. Over all we had no complaints about the food or service. We spent about an hour and a half sitting at the bar having food and drinks.
However the reason I wanted to write this review is to thank the staff that worked on New Year's Day for spotting my pocket book I left hanging on the hook under the bar. Honestly I didn't realize until I had returned home one state away. Fortunately the staff had found my bag and put it in their safe . The next day Jackie willingly had my bag FedEx to my address.
I would just like to let you know how thankful I am. Not very often we come across people who are willing to go above and beyond for a perfect stranger.

• Visited January 2014
North Myrtle Beach, SC
“Surprised and pleased.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We don't go to a lot of chains and had never been to a Friday's. They sent us a coupon in the mail for buy one entree, get one free. We figured, let's try it; if the food isn't great at least it will be cheap. Well, the food and service were both excellent. Our server, Faith, is a sweetheart. (Hope her Mom and Dad know that). I ordered the petite sirloin with shrimp, tomato mozzarella salad and broccoli. My wife ordered grilled salmon and vegetable sides. My steak was tender, juicy and cooked exactly the way I asked. My wife said her salmon was excellent. And I must say, you can order things here that are delicious and not loaded with fat and calories.

I've read some of the other reviews and don't know if we hit this place on a good night or what, but based on our experience, I would recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
Shaker Heights, OH
“Below average quality of food, dirty environment, slow staff”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was an all-around disappointment. I was on vacation with my family (wife and toddler), and we wanted a quick bite. Place was dead. We were seated at a filthy table. There were crumbs on the seats, the menus were sticky, and the general state of the restaurant was unappealing. The food was not very good, but I've come to have low expectations for TGI Fridays overall, so that was to be expected. To make things worse, we had a server who was clueless. Typically you'd think that a table with a baby would be rushed through. Unfortunately this guy didn't understand how volatile kids can be, and he took FOREVER to get us our bill. Our kid had a meltdown, while we sat there and waited.

FRIDAYS MANAGEMENT- can you include in your training that tables with young children should be dealt with quickly?

• Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We popped in for a drink and a snack on our way out for the evening. The Jack Daniels sampler was yummy and the drink was good too. The staff was busy but we had at least 3 people stop by to check on us. I had a $8 off appetizer that I presented to the server but when he closed out our ticket, he did not take off the discount. We didn't catch it until we left the restaurant. We went back and the server was so apologetic. The place was really busy and I'm sure it was an accident. He was quick to apologize and make it right and he also reimbursed us for our dessert as a way to make amends. Some folks may think that we should give a bad review because of it but I think they did the right thing to make up for the mistake.
We really like Friday's in our hometown so we may be more forgiving than someone who had never been there before.

• Visited September 2013