“C Health Rating”

Soho Cafe & Bar
Ranked #133 of 876 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“C Health Rating”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

A former local, I've been eating here for years and have always loved their hibachi. However, this time, I happened to be in town on business and called and ordered my food to-go. On the way in the door, I noticed they now have a C Health rating posted on their door from SC DHEC. Anything below a C and they actually get shutdown! A C rating means they have serious sanitation and food safety issues. Needless to say, I walked right out and didn't pick up my food. Very disappointed. Used to be such a great place to eat.

Mt. Airy
“Nice local restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I went to Soho one evening to have a quiet meal together. The sushi was good and the lobster bang bang was great. The sea bass entree was good. Vegetable sides were a little strong in garlic for me.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dwayne C
Charlotte, North Carolina
“SOHO”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

NIce little place with fresh sushi and good bar food. Within walking distance from the beach and the downtown area.

Visited February 2014
WInthrop, MA
“Great Entertainment”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Place cozy/nice...entertainment was great..were able to dance..great location to breakers resort so we did not need a car

Visited February 2014
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Service, Atmosphere, and Food.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'll admit, I was a bit.. ummm... intoxicated when I visited Soho with my family a few weekends ago. However, I was cognizant enough to notice this restaurant has a much more upscale and modern feel than most in the area. I live just up the street on Ocean Boulevard and this is the nicest restaurant I've been to since going to Wicked Tuna last year.

Again, I don't remember our server's name, but he was Excellent. My wife, the manager of another restaurant down here, remarked on how great he was several times throughout the meal. He was quite personable, but not at all intrusive or overbearing. He had a good knowledge of the menu and presented out wine and food well.

I had the seared ahi tuna, and ordered it Very rare. It came out perfect! I was a bit disappointed in the meager 'mixed vegetables' which turned out to be some poorly dressed lettuce, but it would've been hard to detract too much from the awesome piece of tuna. My wife got some type of steak, which I tried and found to be very tasty, but I don't remember exactly which dish it was.

Overall, I'd rate Soho a 9.5 out of 10 when compared to the average Myrtle Beach area restaurant. I would list it as a 'must visit' if you like something other than typical fried southern crap.

• Visited January 2014