“Great Service, Atmosphere, and Food.”
Review of Soho Cafe & Bar

Soho Cafe & Bar
Ranked #121 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Soho embraces cultures, offering an extensive menu that includes sushi, steak, pasta, and many different types of seafood. Known for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and universal cuisine, it has been a top choice for locals and tourists in Myrtle Beach for many years. Located just two blocks from the oceanfront, Soho doubles as a savory eatery by day and a chic hotspot by night. The stylish interior brings an artistic element to the diner experience with artwork, lighting and modern furnishings, plus relaxing music keeps the lounge going after hours. Whether it’s girls night or a first date, the urban vibe at Soho sets it apart from other places in the area and provides a dynamic experience that’s not to be missed.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'll admit, I was a bit.. ummm... intoxicated when I visited Soho with my family a few weekends ago. However, I was cognizant enough to notice this restaurant has a much more upscale and modern feel than most in the area. I live just up the street on Ocean Boulevard and this is the nicest restaurant I've been to since going to Wicked Tuna last year.

Again, I don't remember our server's name, but he was Excellent. My wife, the manager of another restaurant down here, remarked on how great he was several times throughout the meal. He was quite personable, but not at all intrusive or overbearing. He had a good knowledge of the menu and presented out wine and food well.

I had the seared ahi tuna, and ordered it Very rare. It came out perfect! I was a bit disappointed in the meager 'mixed vegetables' which turned out to be some poorly dressed lettuce, but it would've been hard to detract too much from the awesome piece of tuna. My wife got some type of steak, which I tried and found to be very tasty, but I don't remember exactly which dish it was.

Overall, I'd rate Soho a 9.5 out of 10 when compared to the average Myrtle Beach area restaurant. I would list it as a 'must visit' if you like something other than typical fried southern crap.

SohoJohnM, Manager at Soho Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thanks for your honest review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back at Soho in the near future!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The sushi selection is fantastic! The dinners are amazing. The ambiance is nice and the service is great!

Thanks for the 5 star rating! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back at Soho in the near future!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This restaurant was very close to our hotel and after reading other reviews on tripadvisor we decided to give it a try. And the reviews are spot on! This place is great. It's small and cozy. They have a great menu. If you want sushi they have a huge variety of rolls on top of all the other types of cuisine. We got the Bang Bang Lobster for an appetizer and it is delicious. Get it. The drinks are delicious as well. The Mango Mojito is fantastic. It's reasonably priced for the area and cuisine. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. If you're craving some good sushi I'd highly recommend going here.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Mostly Asian cuisine. We've eaten here many times and really like the place. Now that it is non-smoking it's even better. Big menu. Well prepared. Well served (always has the best looking, most outgoing servers in town). Good sushi. Large portions. Excellent bar. Large, younger late night crowd.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Is there anything that we could have done better to earn that 5th star? We are always looking for improve. Thanks!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I eat alot of sushi where I live therefore when I travel to the beach I usually go where I can get other types of seafood so was hesitate to try Soho. I was at the beach during the off season and alot of the local seafood places were closed for several months. One night we went to a show and wanted something to eat afterwards. It was late and we couldnt find anywhere that was open. Soho was less than a block away from where we were staying so I called to see how late they served food and they told me until 1am! It looked small and not busy from the outside, but when we walked in the scene was busy and vibrant! Much different than we ever expected from outside. There were 4 people in my group and we LOVED the food and the service was excellent. The bang bang lobster was so good we ordered more than one. They have live music and a great atmosphere. I would definitely go back!