“Good Local Sub Shop/Deli”
Review of Dagwoods

Dagwoods
Ranked #185 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Melbourne, Florida
“Good Local Sub Shop/Deli”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Was taken there by a business colleague who lives locally. A bit over-rated for the hype. Sandwich was good, atmosphere was good, price was fair. Nothing bad, just another local sub shop.

• Visited August 2012

Indiana
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We ordered take-out one day for lunch. They were packed. Not open for dinner, so be aware they close at 4 PM. The subs were good, not as big as they say they are, but very tasty. I ordered the dagwood's dipper as a wrap. Everyone in our party wish they had more, because they were still hungry. All in all a very good place to eat and would eat there again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alyssia C
“Ugh, service......”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The deli sandwiches are amazing here. My wife got the club, and I got the big roast beef, turkey, ham, Swiss and pepper jack sandwich. Both were delicious. The fries are a seasoned variety, which are also very good.

For an appetizer, we got soft served pretzels and cheese dip. Delicious! Best of all, they were only 4.99 and you get 5!!

Dessert however, warrants some serious help here. I reccomended skipping dessert and just going down the road to the Hershey's Creamery.

The service was pretty bad when we went. Granted, it was on Tueaday night, which is when they have team trivia night. So, if your fine with waiting forever and watching tv while you wait for your food, then you will love this place.

We will go back before we leave and see of the service is any better because the sandwiches were simply THAT good.

Dalton, Georgia
“Was a favorite lunch spot while stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB...”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We used to eat here back in the late 80s/early 90s while stationed at the Air Force Base. I was able to visit Myrtle Beach recently and was delighted to see that they were still there (unlike a lot of other places I used to frequent back in the day). I got there as they opened and got my usual sandwich - the Beach Boy, no tomato, add pepper jack. When I got my sandwich I was amazed that it still tastes as good as I remembered. Everything was always fresh. In fact, the bread was so fresh it was still warm. I love this place and hope it's around for many years to come!

Forest Hill, Maryland
“Chili just like my Mom used to make”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The chili is the best I've had in a long time. Nice pintos, onions, green peppers, and lots of meat. Did not come out of a can, that's for sure. Sat outside in the covered gliders (nice touch considering restaurant is parked in the middle of a big parking lot.). Service top notch. Soup and sandwich lunch combo a bargain. Garlic/butter wings (10) for $5 special a great deal. Huge sodas.
Large sandwich menu!!!