“Always great!”

Chestnut Hill Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chestnut Hill is nestled along a small lake filled with alligators, turtles and much much more to delight the whole family while dining. We feature only the freshest of ingredients and make every dish, every sauce and every dressing from scratch. We serve fresh and local seafood, Stockyard Angus Beef, and specialize in mesquite grilling our food over an open flame. Happy Hour is every day from 4-7 PM in our lounge bar and we have an early bird smaller menu every day from 4-6 PM. Sunday Brunch Buffet is served every Sunday from 10 AM till 1:30 PM. Private dining facilities are available with the best kept secret in Myrtle Beach, Known as "The Packhouse", which is upstairs and totally private. Please call today for a reservation.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always great!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have been going here every Sept. for over 10 years, and always have great service and a great meal. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not up to par.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the years but last Saturday was very bad. I had a bit of a clue when most other restaurants like The Chesapeake House and Mr. Fish had long lines waiting and we just walked in. Seated fast but some wait to order. We chose from the early bird senior menu. We both ordered the seafood platter with fish blackened and other seafood fried. When it arrived, ALL was broiled, and broiled and broiled. The fish was dry. The TWO shrimp were hard and tiny. The crab cake was about the size of a half dollar and floppy, tasteless. The potatoes were even mealy. Scallops were large and tasty. It was indeed intended for someone who ate like a bird. I commented on the fish but did not send anything back. I refuse to do that for fear of chef retribution. I vote with my money and will probably change restaurants next visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First times the last time”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Figured this would have been a nice restaurant to close our vacation with. Unfortunately not. The view of the lake was pretty, with views of turtles and alligators. Bread was decent. And that's unfortunately where the positives end. I got Salmon Hemingway which had no taste. It was topped with shrimp which tasted like it was frozen and reheated. My boyfriend got seafood fettucini. The pasta was so overdone and was in severe need of salt. All of the salt missing from the entrees was found in the vegetables on the side. Tasted as if I was eating cologne. Overall a huge disappointment.

• Visited September 2013
“First time, but won't be the last”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had our first dining experence at the Chestnut Hill Restaurant in Myrtle Beach on 9/12/13.
We went there on the recomendation from my Wife's sister and are we glad we did. The decor and the food were both top notch. We very much enjoyed the view of the lake out back and watching the turtles and sometimes the alligators that visit the sunning station in the middle of the lake. As for the food, I had the filet and lobster tail. I ordered the steak medium which is how it was served and was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had. The lobster tail was tender and sweet. My wife also had the Filet and her's was every bit as good as mine. My only complaint is that with the potato dish of the night, it did not come with any butter or sour cream so they were a little dry. Drinks, service and food were all great. We will definatly return the next time we go to the Beach.

Brooklyn, New York
“"Great Atmosphere, Good food"”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The prices are reasonable, the food is good, the portions are generous. The fish is fresh and the steak was pretty good. Get a table by the window so that you can watch the turtles and alligators swim around. The tab for the two of us was around $120, with tip.