“Great Seafood”

Chestnut Hill Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 877 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chestnut Hill is nestled along a small lake filled with alligators, turtles and much much more to delight the whole family while dining. We feature only the freshest of ingredients and make every dish, every sauce and every dressing from scratch. We serve fresh and local seafood, Stockyard Angus Beef, and specialize in mesquite grilling our food over an open flame. Happy Hour is every day from 4-7 PM in our lounge bar and we have an early bird smaller menu every day from 4-6 PM. Sunday Brunch Buffet is served every Sunday from 10 AM till 1:30 PM. Private dining facilities are available with the best kept secret in Myrtle Beach, Known as "The Packhouse", which is upstairs and totally private. Please call today for a reservation.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First time and was very impressed with the food. We both had the seafood platter. Everything had a very good taste, seasoned just right. Mixed vegatables, salad, and potato very good also. Our waiter could have been more attentive. He didn't come back until we were almost done. She had a bad potato but she didn't want another one anyway. Nice comfy atmosphere with a view of the water. I would update the carpet but not a big deal.

• Visited November 2012

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“Much better than expected!!! Great seafood - Great Service!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Chestnut Hill will go to the top of your dining list in Myrtle Beach.

We were looking for a place to eat here in Myrtle Beach last night and were doing the usual - check Trip Advisor, Chow Hound, and other reviews. There are many restaurants here which received good reviews so we just had to pick one. We definitley made the right choice. When we arrived we were greeted by an extremely friendly gentleman who took us to our table as he asked how we were doing. The decor was pleasant - not too "upscale - yet not too "downscale" - just right! We immediately felt like we had made a good choice so far.

We ordered the Sampler appetizer to start. You were able to choose 4 items from a selection of about 7. We chose fried shrimp, beef tips, stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped scallops. The platter came out with four of each in a reasonable amount of time. There was a nice dipping sauce in the middle. My boyfriend tried the stuffed mushroom first (one of his favorites) and was immediately sporting a huge smile. I tried a shrimp and could not believe the perfection. Not too heavily breaded. Not too over or under done. Just right! The scallops melted in your mouth and the steak tips could be cut with a fork. It was all so much better than we imagined. The only thing I would suggest to the restaurant is to lower the price for this sampler. $19.95 is a little pricey in comparison to the other prices on the menu.

Main course for him was the Imperial with one of the daily special fishes - he chose the tuna. It was cooked to perfection and had a fantastic "grilled" flavor that was subtle but definitely present. He said the potatoes were salted just right that the salt seeped past the skin to salt the potato inside. There was a beautiful mix of vegetables on the side. My main course was Seafood Florentine. This huge bowl of scallops, shrimp, chopped tomatoes and spinach came out with shaved parmasian cheese on top. The word succulant comes to mind. I was in shear heaven. This all was on top of a bed of cappallini. The scallops melted in your mouth and the shrimp were cooked perfectly. The olive oil - garlic sauce was just right. It was not overbearing, yet it gave the dish that final touch. Oh it was so good! My only regret - I was so full before the main course came that I was not able to eat more than a few bites, BUT, I am about to have it for lunch so I'm excited.

I have to mention the service. It was nothing short of perfect. Our waiter was personable but not intrusive. He had perfect timing with the serving of the plates. We didn't feel rushed and in fact really appreciated his skill.

Chestnut Hill should be a must for anyone visiting Myrtle Beach. I know we will keep it on our list for future trips.

• Visited November 2012
Cary, NC
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet place with tablecloths, this is a good choice. Surf and turf dishes in the $20 range. Some in our party really liked the shrimp and grits.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Old Reliable”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We visit this place regularly. This year my golfing buddy and I along with his daughter and granddaughter. Service was excellent the menu varied and the choices well prepared. Granddaughter tried sirloin tips for the first time and loved them. The seafood lovers did there thing as well. Price is good for a full meal and salad and portions are fine as well. Has never disappointed for a nice meal in Myrtle.

Boston, Massachusetts
“post beach wedding dinner”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My daughter got married on the beach on Saturday. We were a party of 23. Chestnut Hill was perfect for the post wedding dinner. The setting was lovely. Our server, Jessica, was amazing and an absolute delight. I planned the dinner with Pam about 6 weeks in advance. She was very helpful and accommodating. i was even able to tweak the set menu a bit. it was so nice to be able to offer our guests options. I had the chicken carmen and it was delicious! The ribeye steak and the seafood got rave reviews. We had the lovely private dining room upstairs with a private restroom. We had 5 children between 3-7 and it was wonderful not to have to worry about other patrons. I cannot say enough about our great experience - when I asked if there was a time limit, Jessica said absolutely not - we were free to stay as long as we liked. Perfect for our 23 person post beach wedding dinner and highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
chillrest, Front Office Manager at Chestnut Hill Restaurant, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you and we are always more than happy to acoomodate our guests with their "special requests" as we know how difficult it can be making a reservation for large groups. We are delighted to hear you all enjoyed our food and wonderful service and of course our lovely private room upstairs. Please be sure to come see us again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.