“Good Food. Good Prices. Good Service”

Ramando's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Italian grill
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Arrived in town Monday evening tired and hungry. Checked into the hotel and headed out to get dinner. Ramando 's was one of the first places we came across. We arrived and it wasn't too crowded and we were seated immediately. Nice interior, interesting mixed drink menu. They serve Martini's, Whiskey Sours! Manhattan 's, Old Fashion's. The drink menu was like days or old or possibly Mad Men style. I find it quite charming. They have a fairly extensive menu that has chicken, seafood, veal and of course pastas. I had the chicken Marsala. Thinly pounded chicken with a light brown sauce with the hint of Marsala and quartered mushrooms. Very delicious. The side of spaghetti was just enough to complete the meal. Leaving you full but not stuffed. The only item not quite up to par is the garlic bread. I was surprised but it was barely garlic bread; a little on the mushy side and very little flavor. But the bread did not ruin my dining experience. I would definitely go there again and will recommend to others.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We will start with the apetizer. We ordered mushroom caps, they had no flavor. We waited forever for the food. It only arrived when we decided to leave.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We decided to stop in here after our afternoon boat ride. We were a bit concerned when we walked in because it looked like more of a fine dining restaurant and we were in sundresses/shorts & t-shirts. But it didn't seem to be an issue. The food was delicious! I had the lasagna, my son and boyfriend had spaghetti, and daughter had fettuccine alfredo, they all said it was wonderful. My boyfriend usually doesn't eat Italian due to acid reflux, but he had no problems with it, said the sauce tasted homemade. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This venue has authentic italian ingredients in it different selections. Of course they are wedded to the preferences of the owners as may be different from what someone considers italian. For me I found that everything suited my taste buds. my only complaint was there was too much to eat. The salad was excellently appointed with a variety of items to whet my appetite. My chicken entree came prepared just the way I like it. Due to the amount of food I did not attempt any dessert. In addition I found the $$ was reasonable for the amount and quality of food. I belive if you enjoy relaxing meal with an Italian flavor you will thoroughly enjoy this place.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

It’s Wednesday night in Myrtle Beach during Spring break and called to make a dinner reservation for a party of 7. There was no wait so we arrived just before the place got busy.

Magdalena was very friendly and courteous. Environment is that of a family restaurant and it was loud at times, sign that everyone was enjoying themselves. Wine list is limited to about 10 options, but we opted for a bottle of Chianti Classico for $35.00. I think it was the most expensive option, but that did not factor in the choice. Magdalena did point out the specials of veal osso bucco and the sirloin steak and lobster for $17.00. Entrees range in price between $17 to $30.

For appetizers, we ordered the toasted ravioli, mozzarella sticks and shrimp cocktail. The first two were great. As for the shrimp, it was soggy and did not taste fresh, and the cocktail sauce was lacking. My wife decided to pass it around without saying anything and no one liked it.

For entrees we ordered, fettuccini Alfredo with chicken, fettuccini Ramando’s, sausage and peppers rustica, chicken parmigiana, Fisherman’s pasta without the mussels - they added extra scallops instead, captain’s seafood platter substituted fries for spaghetti, Barbarian steak - substituted spaghetti for baked potato. All come with garden salad and garlic bread. Two people did not like the “house Italian” dressing. I had the thousand island and it was okay. Servings on the entrees are generous.

Everyone enjoyed their food and would reorder their entrees, with the exception of the Captain’s seafood platter, with the scallops and lobster having a rubbery texture, and also not tasting fresh. I guess if you’re dining Italian, you might want to order Italian. Otherwise, food and service enjoyed by all.