“Should be renamed "Angelo's Steakhouse"”

Angelo's Steak and Pasta
Ranked #120 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service Italian Restaurant serving the Grand Strand's Finest All-You-Can-Eat Italian Buffet and specializing in "The Greatest Steaks in the Universe." Full service menu with made to order specialties. Beer, Wine and Cocktails. Childrens menu. Group Dining Discounts, Motorcoach Parking and Entrance, Private Dining Rooms, Entertainment.
Reviewed February 10, 2010

One of the best steaks I've had anywhere. They bring them to your table sizzling away. Not inexpensive, but very fair pricing considering the quality. Good service, but gets crowded. Nice, casual atmosphere. As for their Italian items, of course I did not try them all, but feel there are better choices if you plan to order Italian. The buffet was especially disappointing. Not bad, just average...nothing stood out as being worthy of a second helping. And I was hungry! I suppose I expected more since it is billed as an Italian restaurant. Glad we decided to go back for a steak; we almost wrote the place off, but what a pleasant surprise!

1  Thank daddio361
Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed November 20, 2009

The Filet Mignon's were excellent & cooked to order. Tender & tastefull. Also the Italian Buffet was very filling with lots of choices. WE liked the fact that their server handled the Buffet. Great food and Reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 12, 2009

We had my sons pre-wedding dinner (Just the 4 of us) so we could get to know his future wife better. The buffet looked worse than I remember High School lunch line. So we all ordered steaks. Everyone ordered medium, 2 were nearly raw 1 was correct and the other was burnt to a crisp. The wine selection was very limited what we had tasted like it had come from a box. The wait staff were rude when we asked them to correct the steaks I was told "I didn't cook it, so just eat it" when I asked for a manager 3 times no one ever came. Also the strolling magician was annoying and using language that was not to my mind family oriented. He kept telling us how great he was and that he had won a ton of awards. If this is what they give awards for in magic they should have kept them.
He kept begging for tips and was very annoying we asked him to leave the table twice. Since there was little business there was no excuse for the food or the service.

In addition to improving the food they need to get rid of the magician especially using a phrase like "Do you want to see the trick slow, fast, or half [--]

They also seemed upset when I left a tip commensurate with the service level. $1.00 and I felt that was too much for how we were treated

1  Thank SaveYourLife
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Four of us ate here in Aug 2009 - three ate just the Italian (?!?) buffet . I had a strip steak and baked potato ... no question the steak was good. It, however, was not good enough to overcome the unbelieveably poor excuse for a buffet. To serve that as an entree option amazes me. It was nearly "Chef Boyardee" quality. Embarrassing since I had made the recommendation to our friends that we try it. In addiotin to the poor quality and lack of slection on the buffet, the salad was mediocre and the baked potato was strange tasting - I could not eat it. too bad, beacause the steak really was good, but there's no way i will go back! Value as related to quality is just not there even though prices, if food was good, are very reasonable.

1  Thank mforkner
Reviewed October 25, 2009

If you are looking for super good Italian food go elsewhere. However I always get the buffet with what I consider to be one of the best prepared steaks I have ever had. Good service too. I can't remember how the pasta and salad was. All I can remember is the steak.