“Sorely disappointed in all but the steak”

Angelo's Steak and Pasta
Ranked #120 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service Italian Restaurant serving the Grand Strand's Finest All-You-Can-Eat Italian Buffet and specializing in "The Greatest Steaks in the Universe." Full service menu with made to order specialties. Beer, Wine and Cocktails. Childrens menu. Group Dining Discounts, Motorcoach Parking and Entrance, Private Dining Rooms, Entertainment.
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Four of us ate here in Aug 2009 - three ate just the Italian (?!?) buffet . I had a strip steak and baked potato ... no question the steak was good. It, however, was not good enough to overcome the unbelieveably poor excuse for a buffet. To serve that as an entree option amazes me. It was nearly "Chef Boyardee" quality. Embarrassing since I had made the recommendation to our friends that we try it. In addiotin to the poor quality and lack of slection on the buffet, the salad was mediocre and the baked potato was strange tasting - I could not eat it. too bad, beacause the steak really was good, but there's no way i will go back! Value as related to quality is just not there even though prices, if food was good, are very reasonable.

1  Thank mforkner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed October 25, 2009

If you are looking for super good Italian food go elsewhere. However I always get the buffet with what I consider to be one of the best prepared steaks I have ever had. Good service too. I can't remember how the pasta and salad was. All I can remember is the steak.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

The pasta is horrible in my opinion but the steaks are hard to beat. We eat there on every visit to MB

Reviewed September 27, 2009

If you like your Pasta from the freezer isle of a grocery store and the sauce out of a can then this is the place for you, Salad had a funky taste (didn't finish) and the bread rolls were dry and cold. Don't know how the steaks are but the pasta not worth it.

Also check your bill for "mistakes"

2  Thank NyWolfgang
Reviewed September 26, 2009

On the suggestion of our Hotel staff my family dined at Angelo's and we all had the buffet. The food on the buffet was very average. It was hot and fresh but nothing special. I was annoyed that the buffet itself is behind a window and a staff person fixed my plate for me. The buffet was barebones and seemed to be done as an afterthought to the steak side of the business.
When we arrived we made our waitress aware that we had coupons for the buffet that came from our hotel. When she brought us our bill she had not included the coupons and we were overcharged. We had her correct the bill and she told us that we would not be double charged. When we returned to the hotel we found that we did have a hold on our check card for the first total. Our bank called Angelos and the manager informed them that when the register was cashed out that night the hold would be removed. We awoke the next morning and found the hold to still be there, so that was not true. We had to have our bank contact Angelos again and the issue was resolved by the afternoon. We did not enjoy having to deal with all that while on a vacation.

All in all we felt like we had fallen into a tourist trap. We will not return.

2  Thank jayberry34