“Great Steaks-forget the Pasta”

Angelo's Steak and Pasta
Ranked #125 of 930 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service Italian Restaurant serving the Grand Strand's Finest All-You-Can-Eat Italian Buffet and specializing in "The Greatest Steaks in the Universe." Full service menu with made to order specialties. Beer, Wine and Cocktails. Childrens menu. Group Dining Discounts, Motorcoach Parking and Entrance, Private Dining Rooms, Entertainment.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Angelos was packed.We got a drink at the bar while we were waiting,the bartender was quite rude when he took our order.3 of us got the Italian Buffett,not impressive.My brother in law got the 24 oz steak,and it was tremendous.I wished I had ordered the same.Waiter was attentive and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am local and tried the place when I first moved to the area 10 years ago. I was NOT impressed but after watching all of the local commercials I decided I truly wanted to try the " greatest steak in the universe" as the TV ads claim. I had a $10 off coupon from our community coupon book and took the family.
The waitress was new but did a wonderful job but that is all I can say good about this place. I orderd the huge ribeye and kiids the buffett. The steak arrived on a sizzling platter and looked impressive however it was horrible! I do like a good steak and cook a great on at home but this thing was a grisly tasteless hunk of beef ( I guess it was cow). This steak was just like the vacume packed steaks people would try and sell off the back of a pick up truck around the south years ago...Tuff mystry meat! It did have a burnt metallic taste but no seasoning and did not even smell good. I could not eat it and I am talking truly the worst steak I have ever had in my 45 years on this Earth! My daughter tasted it and turned her nose up ( see loves steak) the kids picked over the buffet and told me they hated it. I tasted the pasta and it was ok I guess. First time ever I had to sped $100 and could not eat the food. I did not complain as coupled with my experience from ten years ago I just market it up as a tourist trap and wanted to go home. After I gave my waitress my $10 off coupon ( she did walk over and warn me) The coupon will take $10 off the bill but adds a 18% tip. What a crock ( yes it is in fine print on the coupon) and YES I always tip 20% anyway but I do not like being tricked into doing so. So it is a Tourists Trap! Stay far away!!! Mr owner do you have any idea what it does to a person when they realize they just got taken to the bank with a bad steak and a trick coupon? NEVER again will you get $1 from me! FYI, the salad was OK but I went home hungry with an empty wallet.
The steak went in the trash!

1  Thank VA5000
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We are in Myrtle Beach 2 or 3 times a year visiting family and friends. We have always enjoyed going to Angelo's at their original location. The food has always been quite good (my husband particularly loves the pasta dishes) and Angelo himself is a delightful man who truly wants everything to be just right.
Yesterday we decided to try his new location and have the experience of his brand new Sunday brunch. There were six of us in our party. We were seated promptly.
The new restaurant is spacious...very spacious...and nicely appointed.
We all ordered the Sunday brunch buffet....salad and rolls (these are always superb!) were brought to the table by our server and he got our drink orders promptly and kept them filled. I don't remember his name...I usually make note of such things, but, failed to. He did a terrific job.
The new Sunday brunch buffet....Angelo himself told us that he is experimenting with what is going to work best for this and was gracious in receiving our thoughts on this.
The pasta was VERY good as always...the "breakfast" items that I had were the quiche (very dry and not very tasty) and roasted diced potatoes (good) and cinnamon rolls (extra good!). Somebody at our table had the breakfast pizza and described it as "okay".
We all certainly had plenty to eat and overall the consensus was that more breakfast type items should be added (the breakfast brunch is served 10 to 2....not too many people are wanting pasta and salad at 10....our visit was at 1)....my husband suggested waffles with fruit toppings and whipped cream, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits and gravy....and I think a nice fresh fruit salad would be a wonderful thing to have.
I have no doubt that as time goes by (this was just the 2nd Sunday they had the brunch) that this will become a top notch Sunday brunch. It is "good"...even "very good" at present, but, I cannot give it an excellent rating as of yet.
Oh, and I should mention....we all felt the price was good...if Angelo keeps it under $10 (as it is now) he will certainly have lots of business for Sunday brunch.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have tried this restaurant on 3 different occasions and every time the steak was awful !! The 4 of us all ordered steaks..Filet...Rib Eye..NY Strip....All were tuff and no flavor. The only plus was we ordered Rare and it came out perfect..Med Rare !! You can get a more tender and more flavorful steak at OUTBACK ! My Rib Eye had a thick grizzle along the edge...was $22 ....came with salad and baked potato !! Certainly nothing to go back for....go to NY Prime for the best steak in town !!

The service was ok..... The atmosphere in their new location was the feeling of going into an Office Building... NOT Cozy and inviting.....I have made my last visit to Angelo's, way to many better restaurants for less money and better food !!!! If you think Angelo's is the best you will eat anything !!!

3  Thank ldyangler
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went there to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary, wish we had gone somewhere else. We realize they had recently move, but after being in business for so many years, we did expect better service. They certainly were not busy ( 4pm), so no excuse to ignore us. We sat at our table for almost 20 minutes before they sent a waiter to our table. We watched servers and the manager looking at us and then each other. Finally a server came to us, he was rather rude, guess he was busy visiting or whatever. Our food was mediocre, and upon receipt of our bill, the manager finally came to us and said our meal was being compted as we had to wait. If ANYONE had come to begin with and took our drink orders and let us know there was confusion as to who had our table I'm sure we would have been fine. But to totally ignore us. NO THANKS!!! WE WILL NEVER GO BACK, Oh and for that manager, we were not tourists as you thought, we are full time residents, owning our home here.

1  Thank Kathleen T