“Good food good value ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with 4 couples. Everyone enjoyed the dinners they ordered. The prices are reasonable and the service friendly. The only downside is the wine list, which is very limited.

The restaurant backs up to a lagoon which is very nice. Overall it is a nice restaurant.

Native S, Guest Relations Manager at Chesapeake House, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We'll see what we can do about that wine list, to make sure your next visit is perfect!

There are newer reviews for Chesapeake House

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I love to try local restaurants when we visit other cities. We spotted this restaurant and decided, along with my son and his wife, to give it a try. We weren't disappointed. As a matter of fact the meal was excellent. My son and I had the seafood platter. My wife had the flounder and my daughter-in-law had grouper. All of us were well satisfied with our meals. In addition to the meal, we were given a basket with bread, hush puppies, and cinnamon rolls. The atmosphere was quiet and restful. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for seafood.

Native S, Manager at Chesapeake House, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hey! Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy you had a great experience dining with us and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The seafood was awesome. I had the fried shrimp platter it had 15 large shrimp, My wife had grilled scallops, a very large dish of scallops Not to mention a mounds of hush puppies and excellent cinnamon rolls. The portions were large and the seafood was some of the best. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The restaurant was completely full for dinner including our large group so service was challenging, but the staff worked hard to serve our large group efficiently and were friendly. Missed some details like water glasses filled. Bread basket included too-yummy cin buns and hush puppies (which we don't care for). My two large soft shell crabs were wonderful. Accompanying sweet potato fries and cole slaw were fine. Husband's sautéd fantail shrimp were also excellent. Key lime pie was perfect. Would definitely return for the food.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I visited Myrtle Beach for Valentine's Day and decided to go to Chesapeake House for dinner. We were seated at the window with a great view of a lagoon. Atmosphere in the restaurant was soothing and relaxing. Wait staff were attentive and friendly. The basket of hushpuppies and baked items was good. We opted to order from the early bird menu which does not include the small cup of their signature fish stew so for one dollar extra, we opted to order it. The fish stew is tomato based with spicy flavors, which we enjoyed. Salad was good and dressings appeared to be homemade. Now we get down to the main courses. My husband ordered fried flounder, shrimp and deviled crab. I ordered the broiled mahi-mahi. Portions were more than adequate but we were very disappointed that the seafood, fried and broiled, was bland with no flavor. We would probably not go back with so many other choices in the area.