“over priced and over rated food”

The Library Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 896 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th Avenue North
Description: Established in 1974, the Library Restaurant has long served the Grand Strand. Our tuxedoed wait staff has a combined 100 years of experience. The Chef prepares the finest cuisine fresh daily. Our rare tableside service is a Library tradition. From the tableside Steak Diane to Flambé desserts, the Library represents perfection.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My family and friends (8 of us) booked this restaurant because of the great reviews. Well for us it was the most expensive restaurant we ate at with the most overrated boring food of the week. I would definitely not return here. We were extremely disappointed . We even found the service a bit pretentious. Save your money there are much better places to eat in myrtle beach.

5  Thank poohrose
There are newer reviews for The Library Restaurant

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of visiting this lovely establishment. We were vacationing in Myrtle Beach and wanted to find somewhere special for our 6 month wedding anniversary dinner. After hours of research and reading countless reviews I booked a reservation at The Library. My husband is a chef and it's not that he is critical but just that he knows the way things should be done so it is always a challenge for me to find a place that lives up to his high standard. I am happy to pat myself on the back for finding this one as we had an amazing evening.

Our waiter was Shannon and he was friendly, polite and extremely helpful. He offered suggestions when asked, was attentive when we needed service but was never overbearing or too much of a presence. As we were deciding on our entree selections, the chef and owner, Shad came to our table to introduce himself. He offered some wine selections and spent a great deal of time explaining all the dishes I had questions about. My husband is also a chef and they immediately developed and easy rapport. Shad shared with us that he was also from the upstate NY area originally so it was a delight to carry on a conversation with him based on our shared geography. My husband started with the Escargot Chablisiens. I am not a fan of escargot but tried a taste. Dave loved the dish and soaked up all the extra butter sauce he could with the delicious bread. I ordered the She Crab soup to start and it was wonderful, like nothing I had ever tasted before. It started off sweet and finished with some nice heat. I practically licked the bowl clean.

The house salad was also very nice. I had the Romano dressing and Dave had the balsamic vinaigrette which was a winner. Very fresh and loaded with flavor.

For our entrees I chose the Black Grouper and Dave had the table side prepared Sweet Bread. We both thoroughly enjoyed our entrees and loved sharing with each other. Throughout the meal we were visited by Shad to check on our food and to continue our conversation. I had planned on ordering dessert but was way too full so we have decided to return to The Library for dessert and a bottle of wine before our vacation ends.

Overall it was just a lovely experience from start to finish. The food was delicious, the staff was courteous and attentive. I will wholeheartedly recommend this establish to anyone looking for a delicious meal, not a fried, all you can eat experience in Myrtle Beach. Thank you Shad and staff for making our 6 month wedding anniversary dinner such an unforgettable event.

4  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Check this place out a few blocks a way from the beach European crusine at a resonable price. Food is traditional french large size portions that a be shared by two like others say here nothing fancy but staff is very sociable and friendly. Coffee here is out of this world good but very strong and bold. Overall a great little place to eat and socialize or a neighborhood social gathering hang out.

2  Thank Travelone_intl
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The ambience, service and food (presentation and menu items) take you back in time a few decades, okay several (1970s). Bow tie clad, professional gentleman waiters make your visit charming. The food was very good, traditional French, nothing fancy, but good size portions. Old fashioned table side service - we enjoyed the cherries jubilee, flames and all!

1  Thank Carrie W
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went with young children, but I wouldn't recommend it for young children unless they are used to fancy restaurants that do not have children's menu. (My kids occasionally love to do something really formal, but not all kids will.) The food was delicious; I recommend the duck and the sweetbreads. The desserts, although very good, sound fancier than they are (and what they are is variations on a sundae). The cocktails menu lights up which was a funny, slightly gauche touch that made me laugh out loud. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating, the atmosphere is intimate. Yes, the food is expensive, so save it for a special occasion. The outside sign could use some cleaning, but it is truly a hidden gem.