“Love the Library!”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th Avenue North
Description: Established in 1974, the Library Restaurant has long served the Grand Strand. Our tuxedoed wait staff has a combined 100 years of experience. The Chef prepares the finest cuisine fresh daily. Our rare tableside service is a Library tradition. From the tableside Steak Diane to Flambé desserts, the Library represents perfection.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It's elegant and upscale, but not stuffy. Service matches the food and delivers a fine experience. The new wine bar is a lovely little spot for apps too. Try the Steak Diane, Caesar Salad or Cherries Jubilee for the tableside show. Shad Velasco is the owner/executive chef who begins his afternoons creating gallons of the famed She Crab Soup. Don't miss this unassuming and secret gem when you have a special occasion to celebrate.

1  Thank internationalshow
There are newer reviews for The Library Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The owner(and bartender), Shad, greeted us at the door as we arrived and James was our waiter. The service was excellent as was the ambiance. My wife and I both had the lobster and steak and it was just great! We also decided to have the Cherries Jubilee, which was prepared table-side. Admittedly, it was a little pricy, but you pay for what you get in the best service and food in Myrtle Beach. We will definitely go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found The Library through tripadviser and we were not disappointed. The location is pretty ordinary and we had a booking on a Saturday evening when many people had cancelled due to bad weather so it was pretty quiet. But what a lovely experience they gave us. The food is superb. We eat at michelin star restaurants all over the world - and we have never tasted lump crab like it - truly unique! We also loved the interesting takes on many other dishes. Its all about the food for us but we have to say Shane, who served us, was great - very professional but really friendly. We had to try the soup and appetisers so had no room for dessert - no problem, he imediately asked if we wanted to take the rest of our wine with us. I suspect we will be back before the end of our holiday.

1  Thank 187046Caroline
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Once again, I travel often and love food. I like clean professional establishments. Service is very important to me and I find somewhat of a lost talent.
The library is owned by an executive chef Shad, sorry don’t have his last name. He runs the restaurant as he would like to be treated. He has had extensive experience in French gourmet preparations. His recipes for many of the dishes are fresh and well crafted. The She Crab soup is almost a desert it is so delectable. I have been coming to this restaurant for 4 years.
I love the old time feel this restaurant gives you. Professional but crisp service with extremely highly trained wait staff who have been working there for better than a decade of continued service. The specialty of the restaurant is the table side service for César Salad and Steak Diane. The Steak Diane melts in your mouth!!!! Year after year I order this dish and every time, it is truly fantastic. The wine menu, while not exhaustive is plentiful with many choices for any price level. Shad takes pride in providing reserves and many different small producers giving you a great variety without over whelming you. The restaurant is not a new bistro style feel with a buzz, but more and old school feel somewhat tired and needing a fresher look while keeping the feel of the excellence in service and food quality. The look doesn’t distract, but only a suggestion as it is my opinion. There are so many crappy restaurants and mediocre establishments in Myrtle you can be way laid trying to find a good place to dine and somewhere that remembers how to treat the customer. Shad and his team have created the excellence I need to feel kept, fat, and happy.
Great Job!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My first trip to this restaurant with a friend who has been there many times. I thought the food was delicious, atmosphere and service very nice, and would return. The steak Diane was great and so was the caesar salad. Dessert was good, the bananas foster would have been even better with the usual crepes instead of the puff pastry they used. The steak had a great sauce and was so tender that it cut easily with a fork. Good experience!