“Good experience”

Damon's Grill
Ranked #79 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enjoyed sitting oceanside at the bar. We had martinis and a few beers, a 1/2 onion loaf, onion soup (on an onion kick that night...), and ribs. The onion soup and sweet potato side were really, really good. The ribs were very meaty and the sauce were good, but the overall flavor didn't wow me. The onion loaf was very bland. We actually had to salt ours. The service was good and the bar had a nice vibe. Would return!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

First a pet peeve...we waited 5 minutes while they got a specific table ready for us, their choice.....then we waited another few minutes for a high chair for our 2 year old. Why was the high chair not there or on the way when we were seated? We looked across the restaurant and the girl who went to get our high chair was walking with a group clapping for a birthday at another table....while I stood holding our 2 year old.
The views here are perfect, but the food is just average for the price. I had the fresh catch of the day, Red Snapper, and my wife had the mini angus burgers. The Snapper was good, but my wife though the angus burgers tasted bland and re-heated. We stay just a few blocks from here and I am not sure that we would ever go back, just not worth the price. The table next to us keep making comments like, "are we ever going to get our checks?", "will our checks be back soon?". Our service was also just average at best, and the manager asked several tables how everything was but left us alone. I swear that if a restaurant manager sees that a table is not happy they purposely avoid going to that table. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Day time views of the ocean are excellent! Our food was very good and the service was as expected. Atmosphere somewhat depends on time of year and clientele. I enjoyed my visit and would recommend if you are on the South end of Myrtle Beach. The restaurant also has a separated bar area and outside seating.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Within walking distance from hotel. Good Food, Good Drinks, Short Wait at Dinnertime on Friday. Moderately priced.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've eaten at this Myrtle Beach restaurant. On our last visit 2 years ago we also ate here. Both times for lunch we've enjoyed it immensely. Just bugers & such, but well prepared with great al fresco ocean front dining.