“Coffee on a steak?”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Road
Description: Established in 1988, Thoroughbreds has positioned itself as the Grand Strands leader in Fine Dining with year after year recognition. Most recent being the 2005 locals and visitors top selection in fine dining and most romantic restaurant, Golf Digest Magazine recommended dining and Wine Spectators’ Award of Excellence (we have over 300 wine and champagne selections in our cellar). We specialize in Certified Angus Beef Steaks and Prime Rib, fresh seafood ,and many gourmet selections as well as unique daily specials. We use only the best ingredients and all of our items are prepared from scratch daily. Tonight you could eat the same thing you get at the chain restaurants back home or you could dine at a true Myrtle Beach Classic.
Hopewell, Virginia
“Coffee on a steak?”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Nine people on a golf trip wanted a good steak in a coastal seafood town. Thoroughbred's was recommended. It was a good idea. Not being a coffee drinker I was hesitant to try their coffee rubbed steak. But several of my friends did try it. As all their portions are large I was given some to taste myself. Though my Oscar style rib eye was tasty, I liked the coffee rubbed better. We will definitely return and I will order the "coffee steak"

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Great dinner and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited Thoroughbreds for the first time this evening. It was a wonderful experience. Food, service, and atmosphere were great. I had the pork chop, my wife had the veal. Everything was great. Our waitress, Lisa, was a joy. Made great suggestions and share with us what a great Happy Hour they have.
We will be living here starting in July and Thoroughbreds will be one of must go to restaurants.

Calgary, Canada
“EXCELLENT MEAL WITH OUTSTANDING SERVICE”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I recently dined at Thoroughbreds for the first time. Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome. We were shown to our table and our server "Josh" immediately introduced himself and gave us a few minutes to review the wine selections. We ordered and the wines were delivered promptly. We ordered Chateaubriand for Two which was prepared at our table by Josh. We found the meal to be of excellent value and superbly prepared. The entire evening was a total success. The food, ambiance and service by Josh was superb. I RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ALL WHO WANT TO ENJOY GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD.

1 Thank GEORGE H
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“food was okay but price rediculously high”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

atmospher is very nice, service is top of the line but the food is not nearly worth the price. Nothing bad just not great, nothing pops. Felt a little buyers remorse when I left and I had been there a few times before years ago prices were high then too but food was a little better and prices were not as high

Visited September 2012
Troutman, North Carolina
“Thoroughbreds”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Every visit to Myrtle Beach, we make it a point to dine at Thoroughbreds. Have been going there for almost twenty years. For a specail dining excperience, request Lenko as your server. He is fantastic!