“Fun atmosphere”

Yamato Steak House of Japan
Ranked #102 of 877 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yamato is dinner....with a show! Teppanyaki style grills where the chef prepares the food right in front of the guest! Perfect for large groups, birthday parties, families, couples, golfers, and everybody in between! Yamato also has a separate sushi bar with a wide variety of fish. Enjoy your dinner while looking over Lake Broadway!
Varnell, Georgia, United States
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have eaten at several Japanese restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area. Although this is not my favorite one, Yamato has very good food and a fun atmosphere. The service is okay but the hostess was not very friendly. We were told our wait time would be 15 minutes. We were sat at a table over an hour later.

Visited July 2013

South Haven, Michigan
“My Favorite Every Year”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love this place! The food is excellent every time. My wife and I share the chicken and steak and always have more then enough. The fried rice and veggies are actually our favorite part.

I do have to say though that the cooks could be a little better. They kind of have this attitude that they are awesome and do not try that hard. We always come right when they open, so it is not like they are tired from doing it all night.

Either way though, we love this place and would highly suggest you go!

Visited August 2013
“Best hibachi ever”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This place can't be beat.best hibachi ever.one of my favorite places out of the many in myrtle beach.food was excellent,service was great and prices are fair.can't wait to go back.amazing!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Rushed”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I’ve been to plenty Japanese steakhouses but I’ve never had an experience quite like this. We made a reservation for 8 and got seated right away. The waitress was attentive and the chef was comical. The food was mediocre which was surprising. My issue that will prevent me from ever going there again was the quickness we were moved through the process. From the time we were sat until we left we were rushed like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Every part of dinner was rushed. We all left saying the same thing. I understand the place is busy, but for the price I paid, I expect better food and I don’t want to feel like I’m speed eating. Go somewhere else!

• Visited August 2013
Conway, South Carolina, United States
“Good food but air conditioner needs some work.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently visited Yamato with my daughter, granddaughter and a couple of other people. Having been to several habachi restaurants, we loved the selection and quality of food. The sushi was above average and the chicken and steak hibachi was average for the price range. The only problem we had was the inside temperature in the restaurant. I'm used to South Carolina in the summer but would have liked to not break a sweat while I'm eating.

• Visited July 2013