“Fun place”

Ranked #104 of 908 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yamato is dinner....with a show! Teppanyaki style grills where the chef prepares the food right in front of the guest! Perfect for large groups, birthday parties, families, couples, golfers, and everybody in between! Yamato also has a separate sushi bar with a wide variety of fish. Enjoy your dinner while looking over Lake Broadway!
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We sat with people we never met before, The chef really entertained us. It was so much fun having food with those cool stranger people. Best time. The food is ok not very somwhere I like go back to eat again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Of course where this is located it is a tourist trap restaurant. The cook was entertaining. The place is very smokey which should be expected, since they cook on the table/grill. Food was salty, overcooked and the steak was tough. There were several pieces that were very chewey which I did not eat. If someone would like to go just for the experience fine, but not just for the food.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

As a local, I used to love going to this place. The food was always great, and the price was decent for a Japanese steakhouse. The last time my boyfriend and I went though, we checked the prices outside, and when we were handed our menu's when we were seated, we found out the price was much more expensive than stated outside. When we explained this to our server, he just kind of brushed it off, as if he didn't really care. What's more, when the cook came out, he forgot to give my boyfriend his portion of rice, and ended up running out! After that, the higher prices on the menu, and finding A BUG in my drink, we will not be going back. Extremely disappointed in this place.

1  Thank wlcline
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stumbled upon Yamato after first wanting to go to Hana something, the #1 TripAdvisor rated restaurant in Myrtle Beach. However after reading a few reviews I saw they cook your food in the back and it is NOT a traditional hibachi, so we quickly GPS'd and found this place. Fun locataion at Broadway at the beach, pretty view of the water and other shops, and SUPER fun cook. Our server (forgot his name!) was excellent, very accomodating and helpful without being annoying. A lot of food for the money (the hibiachi places here in PA cost more!), but 3 complaints:

1. No kids menu! They have child-size portions of the same food as adults, but for my 20 month old who is used to tempura chicken and noodles/fries, this was a bust...and a waste of $10.
2. No lo mein noodles! Only fried or steamed rice, which was a disappointment. I was really craving noodles.
3. My sushi (just 1 roll ordered at our entire table) took a long time to come out. My shrimp and scallops were already done by the chef by the time I got my roll. Oh well, still worth the trip!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 6 were treated by a fun, talented, and creative chef. The lobster, filet, shrimp, chicken, and rice were extremely fresh. Always a treat to finish with the sorbet! You will have fun....you will leave full.