“Average Food but very good drinks”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #84 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Ashburn, Virginia
“Average Food but very good drinks”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place is good for any fan of rock and roll. The food is just average but go for the drinks. The place is also a little bit nicer on the outside and the inside compared to other Hard Rock Cafe's. The gift shop is very nice to, they sell T-Shirts, souvenir glasses, and collectible pins. Overall it is a good restaurant to go for lunch when it is less crowded.

• Visited July 2011

London, Canada
“Very neat restaurant with excellent service”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Our 8 year old wanted to eat at the pyramid so badly so off we went to check it out! The decor outside and inside was remarkable. My husband and 2 year old went for a walk around to check out the entire inside. Food was good, priced like what you would expect.

• Visited March 2012
Matthew R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank You for the nice comments Stacy. I am glad that your kids enjoyed themselves. Hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Kirksville, Missouri
“Don't come here for the food!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We came to the Hard Rock Myrtle Beach for my goddaughter's 7th birthday dinner during our weeklong stay in Myrtle Beach. We had an AMAZING time! Our waiter, Dustin H, was the best server I have ever had. He was funny, kind, genuine, and very "hard rock", as well as all the normal good-waiter things like prompt, efficient, and helpful. He made the birthday girl a funny hat, joked, talked, danced, posed for endless photos with all the kids, and turned this meal into one of the best memories of our vacation.

The food, however, was an epic fail. The $14 burgers were edible, but what my family calls "zooburgers"; generic meat patties that you can get at any amusement park or school cafeteria. My chicken club was so bland and boring I didn't even really eat it. Onion rings were okay. My daughter got kids mac and cheese and the sauce was almost nonexistent and gritty. (Another amazing Dustin move; he took it back to the kitchen and those noodles came back swimming in (still gross, but that wasn't his fault) cheese! ) Kids chicken tenders were overdone and chewy. My friend got a honey citrus chicken salad, and she said that was really good.

Like any Hard Rock, the decor was awesome, and the place was very clean and comfortable. It's a fun place to spend an evening, just don't expect good food, and request a table in Dustin's section if you can!

Dear Martin Family,

Thank you for the comment on our cafe. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and had great service from Dustin. He consistenly gives incredible service. I am however sorry that you did not recieve the quality of food that you expected and deserve from a Hard Rock Cafe.

If you would like to email me yuor contact information to myrtlebeach_gm@hardrock.com I would be willing to reach out to your for any suggestions and additional comments.

Once again, Thank you for the review and I am sorry the food did not live up to your expectations.

Hard Rock Cafe---Myrtle Beach
“THE place to be at broadway at night!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Yes the food is over-priced, but its also delicious and your paying that little extra for the phenomenal dining expierience. Once you enter this restaurant you just feel different. Its one of those places where you really feel the vibe. Service is always great and we've always enjoyed the food. They always have cool shirts in the gift shop and we usually get a couple.

This place is awesome when lit up at night. My wife and I like to have a late dinner here then enjoy the rest of the night life that Broadway has to offer.

Thank You for the great review!

I hope that you will continue to visit our cafe before heading out to Broadway! If you ever have any concerns or compliments, please ask for a manager while you are here. We appreciate the feedback, both positive and negative.

Have a great day.

Florence, South Carolina
“Good entertainment, good service, bad food”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I visited recently, having not eaten there in over a decade. The decor is great and the host was very welcoming. As live music was about to start, they were careful to let us know so we could choose to sit close to or far from the stage.

The entertainment was good. The restaurant doesn't have the greatest acoustics, but it's still very enjoyable.

I ordered a barbecue pork sandwich and my wife ordered chicken fingers.

The barbecue pork sandwich consisted of totally bland pork that tasted like it was cooked simply by boiling it. On the top was a bit of bbq sauce that wasn't bad but didn't even come close to providing enough flavor to make up for the giant mound of tasteless pork. The menu advertised marinated slaw that seemed to simply be cabbage dipped in white vinegar. The Carolinas are known for their pulled pork barbecue and it's almost an insult to charge $12 for tasteless pork in Myrtle Beach. At some great barbecue places, you can get 3 amazing sandwiches for that price. The one good thing I can say is that the fries were decent and beans on the side were quite good.

My wife's chicken fingers were OK, but also pretty bland. The breading was done very well, just not seasoned enough. Red pepper provided some heat, but little else.

Despite the food, our waitress, Kelsey, was great. She was very attentive and friendly.

Based on the food, I'd give Hard Rock two stars. The entertainment and the staff earned it an extra star.

• Visited March 2012
Hello,

Thank You for the review. I am glad that enjoyed the service that Kelsey gave you, but I am sorry that you did not enjoy the food. Anytime you visit here, or any other Hard Rock Cafe, if there is anything that does not live up to your expectations please let a manager know immediately.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to talk to you abou the food. If you would like, you can send me an email at myrtlebeach_gm@hardrock.com with your contact information and I will reach out to you. If not I fully understand, but hope that you will give us another try.

Hard Rock Cafe----Myrtle Beach