“big selection..large crab legs”

Bennett's Calabash Seafood #3
Ranked #234 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Family owned and operated for more than 30 years
Ocean City, New Jersey
“big selection..large crab legs”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The restaurant is nice..they serve both buffet and meals and a salad bar. The kids prices are well worth the price. The crab legs were very large and tasty.The chef offered to prepare any thing we wanted broiled for our glutenfree eater. This was our first time and we would come back..well worth the price for seafood dinner...desserts were very good

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Nasty buffet style seafood”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Calabash means fried. Garbage, heart attack waiting to happen. Buffet means slop being served. Groase.... fill up on slop. There are much better restaurants in town.

“Just OK”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The buffet has a broad selection, but it's mostly fried seafood. Taste and quality are just OK, especially for the price. Our server was attentive, but pushy -- it was OBVIOUS that she expected us to take the buffet, even though they offer a full menu (of the items that are on the buffet).

Franklin, Indiana
“Very good Selection”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great selection of seafood, cooked in different ways. Nice desserts and great service. I definately want to go there again.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Food was terrible!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had 6 in our party - 3 teenagers and 3 adults over 40. We all love seafood except for 1 person. Everyone thought the food was terrible except the crab legs and hush puppies - they were good. Everything was dried out and overcooked. They really should have drastically discounted the buffet because of its condition - steaks that were curled from being over cooked - scary looking veggies -all meat and seafood were the worse I have experienced in Myrtle Beach. It may have started out fresh 12 hours previous, but in no way should they be serving it the way they did for $27 per person. If you look at my reviews of other restaurants, hotels, etc. you will see that I don't complain and love most of what I experience. I am very surprised at the glowing reviews this restaurant gets. I've been to other calabashes and while I don't expect perfection from buffets, the food should at least be edible. Thinking back on it, we should have asked for our money back. Unfortunately, too late - but thought I'd share my experience.