“Great Lunch”

Collectors Cafe & Gallery
Reserve with OpenTable
Collectors Cafe & Gallery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 908 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 79th avn. and Kings Highway
Description: The perfect place to meet friends, business associates, family or an elegant date. Collectors Cafe & Gallery combines world-class Mediterranean cuisine with a European coffee house that has beautiful works of art for sale in each room. The ambiance is exquisite, but the food is the main attraction. Prepared by Chef Jim Molnar and Jon Reimer, entrees include Scallop Cakes, Rack of Lamb, Filet of Beef, as well as fresh fish. The fully functional gallery represents over 25 revolving artists. Paintings are sold each night with spring and fall openings to highlight new artists. The art gallery, dining rooms, and coffee house lounge combine to create a one of a kind elegant dining experience. Lunch is served week days with a relaxed atmosphere . Desserts are made fresh daily to complete this journey of the senses.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went here for lunch based on a recommendation of person who lives in Myrtle Beach. I'm surprised at the mixed reviews that I didn't read before. We had the quiche, lobster bisque, and the beef flat bread stacks. The quiche and the lobster bisque were quite good although my wife said her mother would have added some more cream to the bisque. The beef flat bread stacks were juicy and the steak was cooked just right. With 2 drinks (one a wonderful ginger beer based delight) and 2 desserts we ran up a tab of $66 - and we thought it was money well spent. Also loved the decor with the art for sale; guess it's my kind of art.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We dined here the week prior to Memorial Day. The waitress was wonderful but my husband and I were both disappointed in our meals. I ordered the special of lobster risotto and felt it was very bland and my husband had the tuna special and said it was extremely salty. Disappointed in the quality of food at this price point.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

A little redundant on my part, but I do not understand Trip advisor rankings. Collectors Cafe is an OUTSTANDING restaurant. Not to be compared to Krispy Kreme and Little amicis (gross). I had dinner here this evening with my husband and 2 sons. Everything was outstanding. The fish special (mahi mahi) was beautifully prepared in A spicy mango salsa. The heirloom tomato/mozzarella special was delicious, done with yellow, orange and red tomatoes!! The filets were prepared so perfectly ( we asked for medium well) that my husband and I were shocked by their perfection. We are foodies and eat out a lot and I am not sure I have ever had a filet prepared so perfectly, medium well is hard to perfect!!

And do not fill up on dinner, the dessert is insane. We loved the chocolate mousse cake (and it's not a dessert that I usually love) it is sheer chocolate perfection!! Order a frozen do coffee drink to go with bc they are sooooooooo good!

Recommended by our concierge, Carrie H., at the Marriott Ocean Watch Villas, this is a fabulous Myrtle Beach restaurant.

And there is crazy expensive art work all around if you have deep pockets!! Enjoy the view :-)

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Ok I got the steak it was outstanding then i got the triple Choc cake and it was a hit. I'm very surprised it wasn't the best for everyone but I loved it so did my family the last desert/ drink I rev comes is the mocha frappe drink and it was great. I hope to come again

1  Thank Legible136
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We made a reservation with trip advisor through open table for last night (Wednesday, May 21st) and had heard so many good things from friends about this place. The restaurant was closed for a private event and I could tell when we arrived they were unsure how to respond as we indeed had a reservation. I guess they were unsure or forgot to take care of this with trip advisor. We did not want to intrude on a private function so we moved on and I was definitely disappointed with the way they handled our situation.

4  Thank Kimmie R