“Love the Art!”

Collectors Cafe & Gallery
Reserve with OpenTable
Collectors Cafe & Gallery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 79th avn. and Kings Highway
Description: The perfect place to meet friends, business associates, family or an elegant date. Collectors Cafe & Gallery combines world-class Mediterranean cuisine with a European coffee house that has beautiful works of art for sale in each room. The ambiance is exquisite, but the food is the main attraction. Prepared by Chef Carlos Mcgrigor and his sous chefs, entrees include Scallop Cakes, Rack of Lamb, Filet of Beef topped with Crab, as well as fresh fish. The fully functional gallery represents over 25 revolving artists. Paintings are sold each night with spring and fall openings to highlight new artists. The art gallery, dining room, and coffee house lounge combine to create a one of a kind elegant dining experience. Lunch is served week days with a relaxed atmosphere . Desserts are made fresh daily to complete this journey of the senses.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the Art!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

Love the Art!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

San Francisco Area
“Tiny spot in a strip mall but wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

We are staying at the marriott which is only 1/2 mile away and our bartender recommended this spot last night. We are so happy he did! The ambience is wonderful -- the place is a rabbit warren of rooms with paintings everywhere, including the rest rooms. The paintings are for sale and we saw one item being purchased and packed for delivery this evening. Our dinner was outstanding; the wine list had good selections. The warm goat cheese bruschetta made an excellent appetizer, especially with the fresh dried tomatoes and wonderfully roasted garlic. My wife had the scallops appetizer as her entree and thank goodness -- it was *spectacular*, as recommended in another review, but the appetizer portion sure was enough I can't imagine the entree portion. I had the tuna with mango salsa and (cumin?) beans and saffron rice -- this was excellent, though the spices threatened to overwhelm a beautifully cooked piece of tuna.

All in all a wonderful experience -- very different from what I expect from Myrtle (disclaimer: I have never been to Myrtle), e.g. totally not overcommercialized, totally low-key, and a wonderful experience. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Kevin T
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A wonderful dining treat! We had the scallop cakes (wow, wow, wow!) and the lamb chops. Definitely some unique and...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

A wonderful dining treat! We had the scallop cakes (wow, wow, wow!) and the lamb chops. Definitely some unique and delicious flavors! The desserts were great too. The only disappointment was the after-dinner decaf coffee. It seemed incredibly weak, and looked more like weak tea! Service was great! He was so attentive!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Whiteville, North Carolina
“It's ok...IMO, there's better restaurants in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

I've been to alot of fine dining restaurants and in my opinion this restaurant, is just OK
There were 8 in my party.We went on a Friday night.
The service was good. Not slow.
I tried the mashed potatoes and they were really good.
I had the escargot. It was alright. I've had better.
The ambiance was ok. I thought it was a bit too loud. And, I think that the main entrées are overpriced.

I would try Aspen Grill, The City Bar, Ruth Chris, or New York Prime first!

Overall- It's OK

And, I would try this place one more time.

1 Thank southernbell7777
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

This is not your typical Myrtle Beach restaurant. It is located in a small strip mall on Business 17. It was recommended to us from some golfers that we met at another restaurant. The food was excellent, service was great and wine selections were good. Not an extensive menu but good and varied selections for anyone. The Chef out did himself the night we were there.

1 Thank wctrvlr