“Slammin Sammy,right down the fairway”

Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern
Ranked #93 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 501 & Carolina Forest Blvd near the Tanger Outlet
Description: If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood décor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak that creates our signature, unique flavor. Start with Sam’s appetizers; make your selection from Certified Angus Beef ® brand products, the freshest local seafood, chicken or fall-off-the-bone ribs smoked in-house. Complement all of this with a fine wine, a Slammin’ Sam lager or your favorite cocktail. For the lighter appetite, there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of our homemade desserts.
Franklin, Pennsylvania
“Slammin Sammy,right down the fairway”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Mr Snead would be very proud, I believe of his namesake establishment. The staff was very well versed and knowledgeable in waiting on a table of six, mind changing family members, who at times drive me nuts. Well done staff. We were there for a late lunch and the menu was a wide selection of most everyone's favorites. Very happy with the whole experience, a true "hole in one."

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst and one of the best steaks”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife ordered a filet and I ordered a New York strip. Her steak was wonderful and mine was horrible. You could not have gotten a worse cut of steak at Walmart. Sent the first one back because it was over cooked and for a $27 steak it should have been perfect. The second should have never made it to a steak. It should have been ground up for hamburger. I could not even chew it and I had to spit it out. They did comp my steak but I felt they should have done more. I had to stop for ice cream so I would not go to bed Hungary.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Budzie
“A welcome Restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We could not wait for Sam Snead's to open. Once it opened we knew it was a winner. The wait staff and management are very attentive and the food is quite good. Yes its a little more pricy than some restaurants...but we need some classy places here. I am tired of all the franchise restaurants. When Sam Snead's first opened the bread was not very good. The management listened to their customers and now they have improved it. We need places like Sam Snead's here. I am proud to take my out of town guests to this restaurant. I know they will get an excellent meal iin a lovely environment. The golf pictures on the wall are a plus.

• Visited April 2014
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Large Group - well served”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had a group of 20 that arrived on relatively short notice for a mid-afternoon lunch. They were very accommodating in pushing tables together and taking care of us. Service was excellent and everyone enjoyed the food and drinks. Interesting decor - especially if you are a golfer.

Visited April 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“She crab heaven”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Visited for lunch and had the she crab soup. Creamy and buttery. It was some of the best I have had. I then ordered the prime rib aujus sandwich. It was tender and fresh tasting. The roll was toasted but not burnt and the fries were crisp and not too greasy. My husband had the burger and it looked very good. We will go back.

• Visited April 2014