“Pretty Good Food”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 501 & Carolina Forest Blvd near the Tanger Outlet
Description: If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood décor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak that creates our signature, unique flavor. Start with Sam’s appetizers; make your selection from Certified Angus Beef ® brand products, the freshest local seafood, chicken or fall-off-the-bone ribs smoked in-house. Complement all of this with a fine wine, a Slammin’ Sam lager or your favorite cocktail. For the lighter appetite, there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of our homemade desserts.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I wanted to try a new spot. When walking in the restaurant on Friday night and the restaurant was only about 25% full, it made us a little uneasy. The menu was small with good selections, but was a little pricey. I ordered the NY Strip and my wife got the Lobster and Shrimp pasta. Both of our meals were pretty good. The waitress we had was very slow compared to the amount of times we saw other waiters checking on their sections. Overall it was a good spot with good food, but with the amount of restaurants in the area I doubt we will go back.

1  Thank samueltuckersc

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited Sam Snead's for the first time this evening. Went for happy hour in the tavern as was not disappointed. Very nice selection of appetizers at reduced prices and discounts on beverages as well. Nice atmosphere with comfortable seating. Phil the bartender is one of the best in the trade. We knew Phil from another establishment and were delighted to have him serve us once again.
We plan to make this our new "watering hole" here in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband recently hosted a party for me celebrating me becoming a US Citizen. We invited a total of 16 people for cocktails, appetizers and dinner of the guests choosing.

The service was top notch and quick. Drinks were replenished timely. The appetizers we ordered was the beef flat-bread that everybody raved about. (I don’t think it is on the menu, but I’m sure you can request it). We also had bruschetta. No complaints there.

Drinks were flowing all night in moderation no drunks aloud in my group. Dinner service was spot on. Everybody ordered whatever they wanted. They loved browsing through the menu. Most in my party chose the “Par Three” which included soup or salad, choice of five different entrees and a choice of home made desserts. Also came with endless bread and butter.

I must give kudos to Erin our server who did a prenominal job. I am also sure you have gained some new clients because of this. Everybody had a wonderful time. Thanks Scott for setting this up for us.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Saw that this restaurant had reopened in the Myrtle Beach area and wanted to give it a try after some disappointing trips to other area steakhouses. Great decision! Wonderful menu, perfect presentation and amazing food! Service was absolutely the best, ate in the bar and Phil the bartender made the evening for my wife and I. Make sure you allow enough time to check out the incredible collection of Sam Snead's memorabilia. It's a treat for any golf fan!

Bob J
Greenwood IN

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were looking for a new doctor and decided to stop for lunch on the way home. Our waiter, Sean, was excellent and gave us good advice on specials and soups. The menu had something for everyone. We ordered off of the lunch menu so I don't know anything about the dinner menu. My husband ordered the French Onion Soup and was terriffic. I had the Claim Chowder. It came in a large bowl and was a meal in itself. If you live there it is great. I would say the only negative is the Hwy. 501 carridor is a nightmare and we were there in "off" season!... It is located near a traffic signal but be prepared to wait to return home. It was cozy and comfortable.